Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SquishyShoes' vc commy project.

SquishyShoes

or something like that
Reaction score
Members Ride
Shoes
Welp, been a while between updates, but only 'cause I've been in the shed haha.

Got plenty of stuff done, but nothing that looks overly impressive in photos. Need to cut a new rad support out of a more modern car, then once I've done that it should just be a case of bolting things in (and making sure they fit) from here on out.

Stripped the interior ready for joining and splicing wires and putting some air con.
DSC_0150b.jpg

Then yesterday, I picked up this.
DSC_0156.jpg

DSC_0154.jpg

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
. Need to cut a new rad support out of a more modern car, then once I've done that it should just be a case of bolting things in (and making sure they fit) from here on out.

The VN to VS one is a straight forward fit if you werent sure what one you needed.

SquishyShoes

or something like that
Reaction score
Members Ride
Shoes
Well, not much of an update, but I think I've finally decided how I'm going to mount the different bits and pieces in the engine bay and done up a bit of a wiring diagram. Got lucky and was able to borrow a copy of the VS factory service manual (vol 9) off of one of dad's mates.
Also, got brand new carpet to go in and to line the parcel shelf when I get a bit closer.

DSC_0138.jpg

So, at the moment the plan is to mount the washer bottle off of a vn (minus coolant bottle) in the factory position, use the vs fuse box,
DSC_0397.jpg

then chuck a vz v6 coolant bottle under the guard.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
Cheers

Last edited:

SquishyShoes

or something like that
Reaction score
Members Ride
Shoes
Well, time for another little update.

For starters, I finally finished tearing the wiring loom out of my donor car. I rather like the idea of mounting the under dash fuse box from it into the vc.
DSC_0263.jpg

Secondly, I picked up this little unit, with factory aircon.
DSC_0274.jpg

Had aircon in it from factory, set about turning it from this
DSC_0272.jpg

to this
DSC_0375.jpg

And then this weekend been, while I took it off and lazed about, Dad cut holes
DSC_0435.jpg

and mounted the aircon inside the cabin.
DSC_0436.jpg

Then apparently decided to start playing with centre consoles haha
DSC_0433.jpg

Take it easy,
Squish

SquishyShoes

or something like that
Reaction score
Members Ride
Shoes
Well, it's been a long time. Over a year between updates in fact, and tomorrow marks three years since I started this thread. Gotten busy with life again, and have spent very little time down at the shed actually working. A couple of months ago, started looking to get back into it and here's where we're at.

I suppose to start with, we drilled a new hole and roughly mounted up the coolant bottle.
20160721103751_1.jpg
adawdasda.jpg

Considering painting the whole engine Holden Blue for laughs.
19397086_10212903893527597_4102213390389536024_n.jpg

Next up, I picked up this. Considering mounting it in it's original position (it still has it's connectors and everything) and hiding my aftermarket, but not sure where since I like to fiddle with the volume and stuff often.
adswdafdae.jpg

While taking out the dash and carpet, getting ready to put in aircon and wiring, etc, we found a little rust which we traced backed and up the window.
DSC_0373.jpg
DSC_0374.jpg
DSC_0312.JPG
DSC_0292.JPG

Got the wiring a little more sorted and thinned out.
fdafafaf.jpg

New radiator support panel.
DSC_0730.jpg

SquishyShoes

or something like that
Reaction score
Members Ride
Shoes
I knew my headlight covers were faded, but didn't quite realise until I put these new ones in front of them.
5dfb99df302a2597166dfcd1563.jpg

dasdasdasdasdasdasd.jpg

Found a bunch of bog behind the tail lights (also, pretty sure this is the first photo of the rear on here).
0825807702229.jpg

And here she is as she sits now.
DSC_0928.jpg

Next couple of steps involve getting this rust sorted, and getting memcal tuned and the pcm modded.

Thanks for reading through.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Next up, I picked up this. Considering mounting it in it's original position (it still has it's connectors and everything) and hiding my aftermarket, but not sure where since I like to fiddle with the volume and stuff often.
adswdafdae-jpg.198323

Aftermarket unit hasn't got a remote ?

SquishyShoes

or something like that
Reaction score
Members Ride
Shoes
It does have a remote, but I kinda like being able to have everything in reach. Also, I am putting A/C in and don't particularly want to mount it in the glove box so I'm not sure where else to put it?