Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SRS Airbag and ABS Faults!!!

GTRwilson

sell me your VY sigs!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
called ultratune about it. They said they werent confident in just clearing the faults, seeing as they were to do with such major components.

Booked into Holden for tomorrow morning, standard fee of $115.50 for a fault diagnosis and clear, for anyone who was wondering. Also getting them to check the battery.

GTRwilson

sell me your VY sigs!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
just got back from Holden.

Turns out my battery is dead, said its dropping to 7.5 volts, is that very bad? Got the SRS airbag and ABS faults cleared finally, thats all im going to say. in a sentence, more ****ing around, and dumb shits there than you could possibly imagine, but atlest its cleared.

poweredbycng

Reaction score
Yup, in that case your dying battery was the cause of the fault coding.

Regards,
Davve

GTRwilson

sell me your VY sigs!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
ive sourced a battery myself for cheaper than what holden wanted so they said they couldnt clear the SVS code until i dont the battery.

Will the warning clear itself, once it sees the new battery is fine, or do i still need to get it cleared by a pro?

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Buy yourself an OBD2 scantool.
They aren't that expensive.
You can clear any faults yourself.

Rodbol

When you say these tools are not expensive, how much are they and where can they be purchased? If they are not too expensive, they would probably pay for themselves after a while.

GTRwilson

sell me your VY sigs!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Ive replaced the battery as it was dead anyway.

But the SVS fault remains. Anyone with their own scan tool looking for a bit of dosh? was quoted $30-$40 from ultratune?

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
Ive replaced the battery as it was dead anyway.

But the SVS fault remains. Anyone with their own scan tool looking for a bit of dosh? was quoted $30-$40 from ultratune?

ill do it for ya for $20

Exidor

I come in peace.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Used Martian spacecraft
Rodbol

When you say these tools are not expensive, how much are they and where can they be purchased? If they are not too expensive, they would probably pay for themselves after a while.

Heres a cheap one,
Handhold OBD2/EOBD Auto SCANNER GS400 - eBay Other Tools, Tools, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 26-Jun-09 05:03:24 AEST)
You can pay more if you want 'live data' or o2 diagnostics etc.
But this one should work with VZ's and up.
And you could probably use it with your next car.
Or make a little money on the side like Andyman!
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Auto-scanner-CAS804-trouble-code-reader-OBD2-EOBD_W0QQitemZ190314869609QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Car_Parts_Accessories?hash=item2c4fa67369&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262&_trkparms=%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A30
An even cheaper one!

Last edited:

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I read through that advertisement and went a bit deeper into it. VY's don't have full diagnostics enabled so the tool is of limited use. It would be fine for my son's VZ, but he's about to sell it.

I guess Tech 2 is the only solution to pre-VZ's to enable full diagnostics, not just the engine.