Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SRS airbag light is on!

bedo2405

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
I was rear ended the other week and the following day my srs airbag light came on.

The NRMA assessment mechanic said it had nothing to do with the accident and thus it wont be fixed.

What does the light actually mean?

And is it true that its not related to the accident?

bedo2405

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Anyone, can a small rear ender cause the srs light to come on?

fitz_vt

Pass Me A Wrench.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore SII Olympic Edition
Yes the airbag light is showing there is something wrong with the SRS (supplementary restraint system) in a small rear ender your Pre-Tentioners could of been activated, i would go to holden and have your modules reset, they will be able to further diagnose the fault.

bedo2405

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Yes the airbag light is showing there is something wrong with the SRS (supplementary restraint system) in a small rear ender your Pre-Tentioners could of been activated, i would go to holden and have your modules reset, they will be able to further diagnose the fault.

But the airbag didn't go off. Can the Pre-Tentioners be activated without the airbag going off?

My real question is, Should it be covered by insurance?

Thanks heaps for your reply.

fitz_vt

Pass Me A Wrench.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore SII Olympic Edition
i am fairly sure it is covered by insurance.
airbags and pre-tensioners work together, the airbag module detects there is an impact, but if its not severe your airbag wont go off. but i couldn't say really, the airbag light is there to warn you there is an error with the Supplementary Restraint System.
it should be fixed with any other damage that has been done to the car.

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
Sounds like your pre-tensioners. The airbag light will come on so Holden will check the system and make sure it's alright. I doubt they will need to replace any parts and if they say they do, get a second opinion. This should be covered by insurance theoretically.

spud42

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Berlina
you need to get the code checked. i had a problem with my VX Berlina airbag light was on. the autoelectrician said the code showed the power to the airbag system had been interrupted. he reset the code ,light went out and has stayed off ever since... a week or two later i realised it was my fault as i pulled some fuses out by mistake looking for the cigarette lighter fuse ! maybe you reaender flexed something? who knows but you need to find out why the light is on first..