Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

srs light

wallyvy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive
i hav put a new headunit into my vy and the connecting wiring harness only used two of the 3 stock radio plugs... now everytime i turn my head unit on my srs light comes on and the engine check screen shows and also my fan comes on...does anybody hav wiring diagrams for this or knows a way of fixing this without putting my stock head unit back in...help

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
You didn't unplug the harness that goes to the steering wheel and then turn your key on did you? It will also do the same thing if you unplugged the passenger air bag. Are you sure you have left the head unit harness unplugged or is it the SRS module harness?

caaf

Reaction score
Website
www.aurfscan.com.au
Members Ride
VYII Equipe S/wagon V6
If that's the case remember to isolate your battery, turn off your ignition (remove keys) then remove both positive and negative cable and wait at least 10 seconds. By doing this you should certainly help stop the air bag from deploying.. I can't stress this any harder as if you're in close proximity when it depolys during your fiddling about you could suffer horrific injuries ;)

wallyvy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive
yes im pretty sure i did unpleg the steerring one as i no longer hav steering wheel radio controls

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
There you go, that harness is for the airbag as well. Plug it back in, but you will have to get the airbag light reset by Holden.

wallyvy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive
yeh but i cant plug it into anywhere thats my problem there is 3 connectors on the stock radio but on the new headunit there is only 2 which means i hav nowhere to plug it into

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I thought you had unplugged it from under the column not at the head unit.

wallyvy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive
Yeh nah I unplugged it from the headunit and the connector is just sittn behind my headunit doing nothin...I think it just earthd out thru the stock head unit...that would explain why my fan comes on when the head unit duz because it earths out thru that..but yeh that's just a theory

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
It obviously does something. Maybe have a browse through the audio sextion, I'm sure you're not the first person to change the HU in a VY.