Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SRS side airbag bypass IS POSSIBLE!!

bluehighway

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais International
Where I work, if you tamper with or block out a safety system you get fired instantly....Im not surprised there is interest in this thread, I am just glad im not going for a ride with the smarties that that think they are onto a good thing....

slipknot09

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais
It’s actually straight forward just to put the airbags in. They all use the same upper frame. Well all VY1’s are the same and all VY2 and VZ are the same. Non airbag models have a piece of foam instead of the airbag.
Anyone with tools and energy could do both front seats in less than half a day, well worth it if you would prefer a pillow instead of smashing your head into your window.
I’m not even a fan of airbags personally and have seen dozens of cars completely rooted and not a single airbag has gone off, even cars that I’m sure the person died in and the airbag was undeployed in the steering wheel.
Also I’m far from Safety Sam just think it’s funny how people actually do things the hard way or lazy way. If you wanted to be super lazy just change the loop settings in the cluster, prob take 2 mins with the correct tools

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
What a ridiculous idea.

Imagine buying a second hand vehicle with all the safety features for your missus and she’s then involved in an accident. Side airbags fail to go off because some clown, 10 years back, replaced the seats and knew better than the manufacturer so fitted resistors to trick the SRS system.

This could mean the difference between shaken up and critically injured, or worse, life and death.

slipknot09

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais
Thanks Lex. I’m happy to be proven wrong and glad to learn that was required.
I’m guessing you still get a code due to loop settings still being incorrect?

Reactions: Lex

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
i got into an argument on the mazda forum
guy bought accident vehicle which steering wheel airbag had been deployed
wanted to know how to just fit a horn cover with no airbag
an "engineer" posted how to fit resistors and showed the values needed
i said a mechanic would not know this had been done until someone was killed and this should not be posted
and it escalated from there