Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SRS side airbag bypass IS POSSIBLE!!

caaf

Reaction score
Website
www.aurfscan.com.au
Members Ride
VYII Equipe S/wagon V6
I just don't know about all that.. I would rather just get the removed loop isolated/removed out of the BCM.

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
Hopefully you don't die in an accident where the fatal injury could have been avoided by having side air bags in.

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
could also be used if your swapping out a steering wheel to non air baged one...

danny kearns

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 vy 3.8 ecotec and 1998 vt ss 5.0ltr v8
what dose the black box consist of? ive tryed with a 3.3ohm 1 watt resistor worked on my last ve but cant get it working on my vy and help much appreciated

Bradley547

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy
Hi guys.
I have a vy acclaim wagon. The front seats are as most commodores ( drivers side ) Cactus!
i have a set of SS seats ill be putting in the next few days. The SS seats dont have the seat airbags. I have read that this was a problem
for some people doing an interior swap. I have a solution to the problem. After much research, i have come up with what i call " THE BLACK BOX"
its so simple. just un plug your seats, whip in your new ones ( from what ever model you choose ) and plug in the "BLACK BOX" into the SRS loom ( orange plug )
This mimics the load of a air bag to the SRS module. NO AIR BAG LIGHT OR WARNING!!. From the research & testing i have done it will not effect the operation of the driver & passenger side airbags or seat belt pre tentioners. I completely understand and am fully aware of legal complications involved & am prepared to take the risk. I just wanted to put it out there that it can be done.

View attachment 183317
Where can I get this from? Need 2 asap

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
Wish have them for bugger all

Paul Gordon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8
Hi guys.
I have a vy acclaim wagon. The front seats are as most commodores ( drivers side ) Cactus!
i have a set of SS seats ill be putting in the next few days. The SS seats dont have the seat airbags. I have read that this was a problem
for some people doing an interior swap. I have a solution to the problem. After much research, i have come up with what i call " THE BLACK BOX"
its so simple. just un plug your seats, whip in your new ones ( from what ever model you choose ) and plug in the "BLACK BOX" into the SRS loom ( orange plug )
This mimics the load of a air bag to the SRS module. NO AIR BAG LIGHT OR WARNING!!. From the research & testing i have done it will not effect the operation of the driver & passenger side airbags or seat belt pre tentioners. I completely understand and am fully aware of legal complications involved & am prepared to take the risk. I just wanted to put it out there that it can be done.

View attachment 183317
I see this post is 4 years old, do you still have any for sale?

KennyD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ AVALANCHE XUV
Hi guys.

View attachment 183317
Saw this old post put some maloo seats into my ute both vz but didn't have side airbags in seats and know light is on dash

mechanic

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
For those that need to do this, no need for an expensive 'box'.

Spend 15 cents on a 4ohm resister and wire it in place of the air bag connector. This is literally what the Holden special tool is to test the SRS system and simulate a squib.

Other models may require different resistances, but the workshop manual will list the specs.

LeighGray

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive V6 Ute
For those that need to do this, no need for an expensive 'box'.

Spend 15 cents on a 4ohm resister and wire it in place of the air bag connector. This is literally what the Holden special tool is to test the SRS system and simulate a squib.

Other models may require different resistances, but the workshop manual will list the specs.
Hey mate just checking your referring to doing this on a VY?