Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SRS Warning Light coming on in the morning

holdenfish

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx executive s
Hi everybody,

I have a 2000 model VX S sedan that I bought second hand a while ago and since I bought it I have had trouble with the SRS warning light coming on in the mornings, especially on cold mornings.

The alarm sounds and the light comes on on the dash. After a little while the light and the alarm start going on and off randomly for a while until the car is completely warmed after travelling for a while.

As you can imagine it is very annoying. I have spent hours searching the net and other people have had the same problem but no-one has posted a solution that has worked for them.

I have replaced the CLOCK SPRING and it still happens. Any tips or advice would be much appreciated!!

Thanks!

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
do you park the car in or out side? water gets in the dooors and can cause your prob? orcold also may mean moisture in your case of the mornings?
Hi everybody,

I have a 2000 model VX S sedan that I bought second hand a while ago and since I bought it I have had trouble with the SRS warning light coming on in the mornings, especially on cold mornings.

The alarm sounds and the light comes on on the dash. After a little while the light and the alarm start going on and off randomly for a while until the car is completely warmed after travelling for a while.

As you can imagine it is very annoying. I have spent hours searching the net and other people have had the same problem but no-one has posted a solution that has worked for them.

I have replaced the CLOCK SPRING and it still happens. Any tips or advice would be much appreciated!!

Thanks!

shycountryguy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT calais international
yah i have prob like your having, the light comes on and stays on all the time prev owner had the same trouble. it goes back to the holden dealer and it gets reset and no probs but once a trailer is put on the car it all starts again .. holden says it is all fine its just a gremlin in the system.. or to lazy to find it