Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Srs warning on after upgrading vx executive seats

Preet86

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx executive s2
Hi guys just installed vx calais seats in my vx executive. Ran wires from driver seats to passenger. All electric is working but i have srs light on. I had the battery disconnected while doing the work as suggested in previous post on this website. My question is if i get the code cleared will the warning come again.? Thanks in advance.

Miickyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx ss
Hey mate. I had this issue when I transferred seats over into my Vx.

Did these seats come out if a write off car with the airbags deployed. If so there's a safety lock in piston in the seat belt when the air bags deploy it pulls through and tightens the seat belt. If your able to replace em with the ones you have prior and then get the code reset. Everything should be ok.

Preet86

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx executive s2
Hey mate. I had this issue when I transferred seats over into my Vx.

Did these seats come out if a write off car with the airbags deployed. If so there's a safety lock in piston in the seat belt when the air bags deploy it pulls through and tightens the seat belt. If your able to replace em with the ones you have prior and then get the code reset. Everything should be ok.
Thanks mate , will try that

NeddyBear

Veteran Mountain Biker
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 2.5L Subaru Outback
Why did you have to run wires from the drivers set to the passenger's seat?
I fitted a driver's seat from an 80,000 k VT Executive and had to fit the VX electrical fittings/connectors and controls from my seat and no warnings came up.