Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SS and S body kit - difference??

chris.dobinson

Never Late In My 3.8
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2
Hey guys was jsut wondering if there is a difference in the SS and S body kit? I no that the spoiler is different but apart from that is there anything different? Also the SS kit has fog lights.

Cheer
Chris

vy_acclaim

Reaction score
Members Ride
HBD VYII Acclaim
You almost got it all in one. The actual kit is the same. Only real differences between the kits from a dealership is:
  • Black chromed head-lights and tail-lights
  • Fog-lights (as you said)
  • Spoiler (as you said)
  • Different rims
Depends if you call the ancillaries like lights part of the bodykit. Cheers.

brentmc

Custom: Better than stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
VYS S1
In a series 1 S the top half of the door mirrors are black, whereas series 2 S are colour coded to the car (like the ss).

Also in series the 1, the rear boot garnish around the number-plate is all black, whereas series 2 is highlighted the same colour as the car. Other than that, exactly the same.

chris.dobinson

Never Late In My 3.8
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2
Yeh i thought so, i wonder if my local dealer would charge more for the ss kit or not... like the similar parts, i am only 16, however, i am either lookin at gettin a standard executive and put a kit on it or an S. would it be worth splashin out the extra for the S? i no that the S has a few more features on the interior, eg. all power windows. etc, etc Also what would be the difference in insurance?

Cheers

Chris

dan-wess

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY S Pac Series II
I got my 'S' 3 months ago and it was around $8K more than an executive, weigh up your money situation, insurance, and look at the cost of kitting it out, probably end up a fair bit cheaper in the long run. My car had the fog lights fitted as part of the deal. Go in with the money in the bank and push for a good deal on a kit, they always bend if you say i'll take it this arvo if .........
Dan

brentmc

Custom: Better than stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
VYS S1
go an s mate. its more or less an exec with all the sports frills. i love my vy-s. one of a kind...now...wouldnt have been happy with anything less.

vy_acclaim

Reaction score
Members Ride
HBD VYII Acclaim
brentmc said:
In a series 1 S the top half of the door mirrors are black, whereas series 2 S are colour coded to the car (like the ss). Also in series the 1, the rear boot garnish around the number-plate is all black, whereas series 2 is highlighted the same colour as the car. Other than that, exactly the same.
You learn something everyday... :p