Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SS bumber on a VY Executive

rgv-bt1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
Hi guys i was just wondering if i could fit a VY SS front bumper or an SVZ bumper on my 2003 series 1 executive? My bumper has a few scratches on it so im thinking about getting rid of it and putting in one with fog lights

barbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Monaro CV8
yeah you could fit them, you have to make sure of things like when fitting that vz calais bumper you need different headlights etc

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 II Commodore - Chlorophyll
I know that the VY SS bumper will bolt straight on, but I am not sure about the SVZ bumper.

Check out my ride as I have already done this with my VY.
I installed VY SS Bumper, SS Foglights, and SS Headlights. The standard headlights will fit, but the SS headlights have a darkened insert and look heaps better. :thumbsup:

rgv-bt1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
How much did it cost to put the switch in your car for the foglights? Did you have to change your light switch in the car? also what sideskirts are they and what did they cost?

Your car is exactly what i have planned for mine. All i have so far is a spoiler. I am looking for a front bar at the moment and 18 inch SS Rims.

Reaction score
Members Ride
How much did it cost to put the switch in your car for the foglights? Did you have to change your light switch in the car? also what sideskirts are they and what did they cost?

Your car is exactly what i have planned for mine. All i have so far is a spoiler. I am looking for a front bar at the moment and 18 inch SS Rims.

Yeah, you will need to change your light switch, if you want the genuine one, otherwise you can put in aftermarket switch on the dash and wire it up, not really my prefered method though.

Below is a list of Parts you will need with part numbers and prices which were quoted to me in January 2006.

PRICING OF GENUINE PARTS FROM HOLDEN DEALER: (PRICES AS OF JANUARY 2006)
VY SS Headlight / Foglight Switch__________ Part No. 92113753 _______________$43.45
VY SS Foglights (Pair)___________________ Part No. 92076499_______________ $253.00
VY SS Front Bar - Unpainted______________ Part No.92083826_______________ $313.50
VY SS Grille___________________________ Part No.92108180_______________ $51.98
VY SS Headlight (Left and Right) __________ Part No. 92085590 & 92085591 ____ $218.90 each.
Foglight Relay ________________________ Part No. 92109510_______________ $6.60

Total _____________________________________________________________$1066.33

rgv-bt1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
thanks for the info.

Im not going to change the headlights on my car. (dont have the money).

Im not really after genuine holden foglights unless all other types are ****.

i was quoted $330 for a new front bar (unpainted) but the panel beaters are asking for $180 just paint the thing white!!!

Do i have to change the grill?

As for the foglight switch, does it come with all the wiring? how does it connect to the lights and did you take it to holden to wire up? if so how much did they charge?

Also how much did you pay for the sideskirts?

Sorry for all the questions. Im looking to do this stuff to the car in a couple of weeks.

Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks for the info.

Im not going to change the headlights on my car. (dont have the money).

Im not really after genuine holden foglights unless all other types are ****.

i was quoted $330 for a new front bar (unpainted) but the panel beaters are asking for $180 just paint the thing white!!!

Do i have to change the grill?

As for the foglight switch, does it come with all the wiring? how does it connect to the lights and did you take it to holden to wire up? if so how much did they charge?

Also how much did you pay for the sideskirts?

Sorry for all the questions. Im looking to do this stuff to the car in a couple of weeks.

I took the car to an auto electrician as the executives don't have the wiring in the loom for foglights. So you would need to replace the wiring loom for the whole car, a big job. take a look here http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=30387 as I have posted wiring diagrams for the foglights, if you want to wire them up yourself, or take it to an auto electrician. Got mine done for $110. whatever you do, don't take it to holden to get wired up as the will probably charge you $200 - $300 labour.

Foglight switch is the same type of switch as headlight switch for executive, except the centre piece pulls out on the SS one for the foglights to turn on and off. So you basically unplug the executive one and plug the SS one in place.

don't know how much side skirts are as my car is a HBD (Holden By Design), Basically an executive, with extra's, and the side skirts were already put on at the factory.

The grill I think has to be changed as the executive grill I don't think fits in the SS bar. (I think the executive grill is taller.)

rgv-bt1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
Is the ss rear bumper sold as one piece or is the black part sold seperatelY?

kricket

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S1
Is the ss rear bumper sold as one piece or is the black part sold seperatelY?

The little black piece down the bottom is seperate, cost me about $30 to get from holden, just had an SS bumper fitted a couple of weeks ago, well the whole lot, front, rear and side skirts, all up for parts cost me around $770, the grille needs to be replaced, so i have purchased one off of ebay for around $60 - $70.

Attachments

• New Image.JPG
    New Image.JPG
    172 KB · Views: 2,164
  • New Image1.JPG
    New Image1.JPG
    155 KB · Views: 2,251

rgv-bt1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
That looks good. How much did it cost you to respray them and get them fitted? Also did you get all them parts from holden? Because when i called them up for the rear bumper the said it costs around $260 or about $450 with the black part