Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SS Catback Exhaust

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
Hi Guys,

I've searched through pages of threads and cant find what i need.

Ive got a 2010 SS Ute - Manual

At the moment i'm just after a catback exhaust, who knows what i'll want in the future. But for now not a full system.

I love loud exhausts so thats what i'm after, something that gives off the tough sound of the 6L V8. Plus also gives a nice grumble when idling.
I'm hoping to stick under the 2k mark.

Can anyone give me some advice?

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
go for an xforce 3" catback then, will prob droan and be loud, If u had a higher budget id recommend more quality systems like kpm then di fillipo that dont droan and sound sweet as, good luck mate

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
go for an xforce 3" catback then, will prob droan and be loud, If u had a higher budget id recommend more quality systems like kpm then di fillipo that dont droan and sound sweet as, good luck mate

the xforce 3" is actually what i was thinking. u think it would drone?
if there is a huge difference in spending more on a better system then i probably would, i was just hoping a catback would be under 2k

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Xforce do sound good... but from what I've heard, they do tend to drone a bit.. especially in 3 inch. If you were in Sydney, I'd suggest checking out Castle Hill Exhaust, they have a system that sounds amazing for around the 2k mark. Otherwise, you could try VCM dual 3 inch VCM-P VE V8 3" Cat-back Exhaust LWB - VCM Performance. Also, hurricane make good systems, and Hi-Tech sound absolutely horn!

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Xforce drone like a bitch. As mentioned hurricane are pretty good for the $$$ and i too have heard that hi tech are pretty nice note wise. However, i luuuuurve my KPM and would recommend it strongly if you're prepared to spend a bit more, plus there 3" system does not drone, guaranteed.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Heres some prices for the kpm 2.5" catback - $2190 (will be a bit more depending freight) or the 3" catback - $2490 (also bit more for freight ect) so its still very close to your budget

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
As far as Hi-Tech go, they have a youtube channel - but here is one of their systems fitted to an SS ute. YouTube - hitechmufflers's Channel

I like it! According to the notes, it's just a cat-back - though the 337 badge on the back suggests otherwise. I just flicked them an email to confirm.

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
Xforce drone like a bitch. As mentioned hurricane are pretty good for the $$$ and i too have heard that hi tech are pretty nice note wise. However, i luuuuurve my KPM and would recommend it strongly if you're prepared to spend a bit more, plus there 3" system does not drone, guaranteed.

just out of curioustiy, what makes u say they drone? i put the 2.25" on my sv6 and no drone. KPM aye, is yours 3" mate?

As far as Hi-Tech go, they have a youtube channel - but here is one of their systems fitted to an SS ute. YouTube - hitechmufflers's Channel

I like it! According to the notes, it's just a cat-back - though the 337 badge on the back suggests otherwise. I just flicked them an email to confirm.

oh thanks very much mate. i saw that video when i was looking on youtube and disregarded it because of the 337 badge. sounds very nice though! i looked at a few on youtube but most of the sound clips are pretty bad that i found. i saw this one though

YouTube - XFORCE Holden Commodore VE SS Ute / HSV Maloo Ute Performance Exhaust

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Mate, there are a lot of happy xforce customers. Was just showing some other options. I have heard that the 3 inch xforce does drone a bit - particularly on an auto - but in a ute, drone won't be much of an issue.

Check out this video from the hitech channel also. YouTube - hitechmufflers's Channel - actually if you have a look at the channel there's HEAPS of vids - and a really sexy sounding red Maserati GT!

I'll get back to you about the 337 badge when I get a replay to the email I sent. But there are a bunch of VEs on that channel, all claiming to be cat-back only. Hard to tell though - they're obviously taking photos of their work - which looks good - but they don't show the cats or manifolds to prove it's a cat back.

Stainless or mild is really up to you. Obviously mild is cheaper - but stainless will last longer and tends to be slightly deeper sounding.