Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SS Catback Exhaust

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
Kpm still tops but would so like to hear yours bro si can at least compare. Even on an iphone! Could alwAys get a sterling exhaust!!

Hmm i'll give it a shot with the iPhone then. Whats this sterling exhaust?

wigbilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SSV UTE M6
Hmm i'll give it a shot with the iPhone then. Whats this sterling exhaust?

Give it a shot. With my 3.5mm cable I will run it thru my car speakers and pretend for a brief moment! The sterling exhaust was a previous thread today someone posted.

Morpheus

2007 SS V8
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SS VE V8
Looks great Maccas, no regrets now going the 3 inch stainless and as I said before you forget about the price as you drive around listening to that sweet sound coming out the back. watch the fuel bill go up because of sticking the boot into it a bit to admire the sound.

If you are stuck I can record it for you my video camera, so you can put tinsips and some of the other guys minds at rest lol.

Morpheus.

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
Give it a shot. With my 3.5mm cable I will run it thru my car speakers and pretend for a brief moment! The sterling exhaust was a previous thread today someone posted.

Haha! It wouldn't do justice. I just love it the noise it makes when i turn the key, when it kicks over and starts grumbling ;)

Yea i read it Sterling Exhaust? no one has ever brought Sterling up yet

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
Looks great Maccas, no regrets now going the 3 inch stainless and as I said before you forget about the price as you drive around listening to that sweet sound coming out the back. watch the fuel bill go up because of sticking the boot into it a bit to admire the sound.

If you are stuck I can record it for you my video camera, so you can put tinsips and some of the other guys minds at rest lol.

Morpheus.

Yea no regrets mate. I forgot about how much i had paid as soon as i turned the key for the first time and drove it out of the shop :).
I hope the fuel bill doesn't go up lol.

I might have too, I'll let u know mate.

wigbilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SSV UTE M6
Think as tinsnips said mainly euro fitments. I think I even have one on an old vespa in my barn! By way with the 3" and lowered ute does it scrape?

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Haha! It wouldn't do justice. I just love it the noise it makes when i turn the key, when it kicks over and starts grumbling ;)

Yea i read it Sterling Exhaust? no one has ever brought Sterling up yet

I just think that, like Remus, its not big in commodore circles.

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
Think as tinsnips said mainly euro fitments. I think I even have one on an old vespa in my barn! By way with the 3" and lowered ute does it scrape?

That's why i'm thinking how can it be good for a holden ute?

No doubt it will scrape but not yet. It is low though, i'll take a pic one arvo.

wigbilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SSV UTE M6
That's why i'm thinking how can it be good for a holden ute?

No doubt it will scrape but not yet. It is low though, i'll take a pic one arvo.

Hey maccas yo mentioned that at 80kph in 4th you had slight drone. But what is it like doing 210, I mean 110kph in 6th?

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
Hey maccas yo mentioned that at 80kph in 4th you had slight drone. But what is it like doing 210, I mean 110kph in 6th?

Yea but if u drop it into 5th your all good. I don’t mind listening to the grunt though so sometimes I cruise along in 4th.

I found that sitting on 230km/hr in 6th there is slightly less drone than 210… haha :p

I was doing 110km/hr in 6th on Sunday for a good 2 hours. Had a mate in the car with me, we didn’t even notice any noise. We were talking and had a bit of music going and we weren’t struggling to hear each other at all.
Although I guess if you were sitting in the cabin in silence with no music you could hear it and notice it.
It’s really light though, I haven’t found a speed yet where it really sits in your ears.

All in all if I was sitting at cruising speed at 2,500revs and I couldn’t hear my exhaust I would be disappointed in it, so I have no issues with hearing it. If ever I don’t want to hear it I just bump it up a gear and it cuts out all cabin noise.
For example… if I sit on 60km/hr in 3rd I can hear it and it sounds like a beast ;) where as when I drop it into 4th its nice and silent in the cabin.

Hope that helps mate. U still heading up this way?