Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SS Catback Exhaust

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
I'm not convinced my car will be right by then mate. It's up at holden all week next week being ripped apart.

But I might chase you up the highway on your way through to get a listen!

They've quoted me a really good price for the exhaust, otr and infill panel including shipping so I'm happy with that.

wigbilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SSV UTE M6
Actually Wigs, while I think of it, VCM do H&R springs for around the $400 mark from memory. Maybe you can get it all done in one hit while it's up on the hoist. Could save a bit in labour that way. Just a thought. Worth asking the question at least.

You read my mind mate. I doing it at same time. Job lot! H & R progressive springs sound ok. Just a 30mm drop but sensible!

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
You read my mind mate. I doing it at same time. Job lot! H & R progressive springs sound ok. Just a 30mm drop but sensible!

H&R are European - I don't think they're any better or worse than Kings - but if you can get it all done at the same time then that's a bonus! They match them to Bilstein shocks if you choose the pack.

wigbilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SSV UTE M6
I think at last I might of finally sorted my dilemas. I sure though someone will find something untowards about vcm. Maybe there 409 grade ain't as good as 304!

wigbilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SSV UTE M6
If anyone interested i emailed xforce about noise levels of the catsbacks as didn't want to be canaried. Results are #
VE SS Twin 2.5" cat-back(VE04):90~92dB#
Full system: 92~94dB
Holden VE SS Twin 2.5" big mufflers (VE042) cat-back:89~91dB
Full system: 91~93dB
Holden VE SS twin 3" cat-back(VE06): 93~95dB
Full system:95~98dB
Holden VE SS twin 3" cat-back big muffler(VE062): 92~93dB
Full system:94~96dB# @4200rpm

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
VESSME's catback system measured in at 88dB according to his thread - and then after fitting the the HSV headers, measured 88dB - just deeper. So you won't have any issues from Vic's finest. There's room to go louder, but I'd say VCM's shorties would add a little more than the HSV headers. Not heaps.. but a little.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
I think at last I might of finally sorted my dilemas. I sure though someone will find something untowards about vcm. Maybe there 409 grade ain't as good as 304!

From my meagre understanding of steel, 304 is better than 409... but not by heaps. And you probably wouldn't notice the difference in longevity unless you were driving up to your door sills in the ocean - in which case you'd have rust in plenty of other places on the ute before the exhaust went! The system will outlast your ownership of the car at least (unless you're Al Bundy)! They have a 10 year warranty, from memory!

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute

From my meagre understanding of steel, 304 is better than 409... but not by heaps. And you probably wouldn't notice the difference in longevity unless you were driving up to your door sills in the ocean - in which case you'd have rust in plenty of other places on the ute before the exhaust went! The system will outlast your ownership of the car at least (unless you're Al Bundy)! They have a 10 year warranty, from memory!