Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ss "check engine"

maka5

-=U=-
Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SS M6
ok heres what happened...

Got my ss lowered yesterday (kings ssl / munroes)

on friday i noticed a little oil leak under my car so i got the guys that did the suspension place to check it out..they said it was from the oil filter...previous owner didnt use genuine one...

after the car was lowered i went for a drive to st leonards ...was really happy with the way the car felt and handled....
on the way home the CHECK ENGINE message apperaed... i was like WTF? (the car felt fine 100% after the error poped up)
Now i installed a OTR CAI myself like 2 months ago...no tune.... no error message came up after istallation....

couldnt take the car anywere today as its sunday.... but have any of you guys had anything similar? should i stop sh&%%#ng my pants n not worry about the error msg.... its prob just the maf sensor...
:hmmm:

maka5

-=U=-
Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SS M6
if i just disconnect the battery for a few min...will the error go away???

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
take it to holdens/local mech to see what the error code is, that way you know exactly what your dealing with

SSVman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Sedan Redhot
ok heres what happened...

Got my ss lowered yesterday (kings ssl / munroes)

on friday i noticed a little oil leak under my car so i got the guys that did the suspension place to check it out..they said it was from the oil filter...previous owner didnt use genuine one...

after the car was lowered i went for a drive to st leonards ...was really happy with the way the car felt and handled....
on the way home the CHECK ENGINE message apperaed... i was like WTF? (the car felt fine 100% after the error poped up)
Now i installed a OTR CAI myself like 2 months ago...no tune.... no error message came up after istallation....

couldnt take the car anywere today as its sunday.... but have any of you guys had anything similar? should i stop sh&%%#ng my pants n not worry about the error msg.... its prob just the maf sensor...
:hmmm:

OTR on standard tune can make some ECUs freak out because it is getting too much air...the ECU will richen up the Air/Fuel to compensate making the car run richer than the oxygen sensors are expecting causing a check engine light. Get it scanned.. my bet is its o2 sensor stuck rich.

Let us know how it goes.

pepstar87

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 SSV M6
Have you modified the exhaust also?
Get a tune mate. It deserves one and it feels like a whole new car.

On a side note, how does the car feel/handle/react to bumps on the road etc compared to standard with the kings + munroe shocks?

maka5

-=U=-
Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SS M6
Na havent touched the exhaust at all....
went to Kevin Dennis this morning gotta wait till wednesday for them to check it....

I got the kings/munro + void bushes + new strut tops at protek ... im really happy the way the car feels...its good on the bubps no dramas.... around the corners its heaps beter than stock....doesnt feel like a boat anymore lol

maka5

-=U=-
Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SS M6
oh yer... when i was going home from work today the msg came up bla bla.... got home got the indoor gear ready went to the car started it and NO ERROR came up.... WTF??? is my car f&%$#ng with me or what....