Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ss clutch pedal

VTPREDATOR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS SPORTSWAGON
weird thing happened to me saturday. was stuck in the que at the drive thru and instead of poppin it into nuetral, i held my foot on the clutch. when i went to take off, the clutch just kicked out at me causing me to stall. thort that was weird. then i noticed after 5 min of driving the clutch only came half way back out. later that night the mrs went to drive the car and the clutch was all the way to the floor. she had to pull it back up with her foot and push it back in as it wouldnt let her engage first either. but its been fine ever since..... has this happened to anyone else? and what could possibly of caused any of this?
cheers,

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Yep, I've heard of a few people here with the same issue, so it must be fairly common.

Can't remember the cause / remedy though - perhaps do a search..

veessv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS, VE SSV
I have same problem with the clutch coming back half way but only seams to happen when i tramp it around quick change from 1st to 2nd and then it will only come back half way.
Would be good to know how to fix it tho, ive change the fluid thought that would fix it but its still there

azzss

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY 9.5 SSV Sportswagon M6 & 08 prado D4D GXL M6
I think holden were replacing the clutch and pedal box putting the ls7 clutch in but MY9.5 onwards had the ls7 clutch from factory mine falls into this category and it sometimes does what veessv is saying so haven't bothered chasing it up I'll put a good h/d clutch in one day!

Potta9

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve r8 , B2600
It's the slave cylinder not being able to keep up with the clutch on the in and out movement. Mine kept sucking up air so changed the whole unit slave unit clutch and went to bigger braided lines also.

VTPREDATOR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS SPORTSWAGON
being a 2012 build car, thought they would have revised it. but i guess the issue remains. oh well. hasnt happened again as of yet. ill mention it when it goes in for its 3000km service.

Mike08

No Back seat drivers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
I have a 2010 SS ute and have also suffered this issue, only once but that's enough to know it's not correct.

Also i have noticed at times the clutch slightly slipping under fairly strong acceleration, on more than one occasion for sure.

A trip to annoy my local Holden dealer will be undertaken shortly by the looks of it.

What clutch is in these things from factory anyway ?

Whatever is in them, i would hate to see the result of some decent power being put through them.

Cheers.