Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ss diff in a sv6

MiKExAUS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS A4 Series II
Hi so my mate and I think the acceleration in the VE 210kw wagon is sh##.

Does putting for example an SS diff (3.73?) in a v6 commo make that much of a difference and if so, does anyone have 1/4mile times or any other qauntitative data to show the difference?

maybe someone has a video of 0-100 with and without the ss and sv6 diff...the sv6 diff being 2.8*???

thanks

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
That's gotta make a massive difference in acceleration. Your increasing your ratio by 30%

MiKExAUS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS A4 Series II
That's gotta make a massive difference in acceleration. Your increasing your ratio by 30%

yeah, thats what I want, but I just want some numbers of how much... not sure if 2.8 is what the 210kw wagon sv6 has though.. i think 2.8 is what my 04 vz sv6 has.

Cam018

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE series II SV6 Thunder Ute
The ve ute, sedan and wagon have 3.27 diff gears stock and the manuals come with lsd which was an option for the autos when they were being purchased

MiKExAUS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS A4 Series II
thanks for the responses! so now i know that the sv6 wagon has 3.27 diff gears and its a single spinner..i thought i remember carsales saying that the ve sv6's had an lsd but anyway the point is, the ratio needs to be changed as acceleration is shocking. my old 1.8 hundai could probably accelerate faster than the sv6 wagons ive driven.

so can anybody tell me how much better the acceleration will be with say a ss diff qauntitatively? 1/4 mile time with/without standard diff gears etc. thanks