Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SS Grill Emblem Prototype

TraidMarc

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.traidmarc.com
Members Ride
VE Series II SS-V Redline Sportswagon A6 Phantom
Ok I had an Idea for a different emblem on the grill, and have already done it to my car.
I'm pretty sure it is the first one of its kind, but before I put up the pics, I'm in WA at the moment and the car is in NSW, but the pics will go up by the end of this weekend, I have a few questions to put out there.
If it turns out that no-one has seen it, will my post stay for the record so that I have bragging rights!!!!!!
I'm pretty sure this emblem is **** hot and could be more popular than the Chevy one that I hate.
It is easily and cheaply done, and I will give full details how to do it.
But I'm thinking of adding a certificate with the 9 I have, the certificate will have a trade mark linked to it.
but the emblem will be easily assessable to everyone to do, cheaply and I will show how.
I have a registered trade mark relating to music, the trade mark is"TraidMarc" hence my number plates "TRAIDM"
The 9 is to represent another significant achievement in motorsport.
The certificate, to be linked to the trade mark(you can check the trade mark out on the government trade mark site
ATMOSS - Australian Trade Mark Online Search System
just hit enter as guest and put in TraidMarc in the WORD/IMAGE box and hit search.
The certificate will be maybe worth something, to some people, as long as we can look back at this post, and the one where I show the emblem.
So my question is, anyone interested in one of the first 9?
And I know the proof will be in the pudding, and you have to see the grill.
but is my concept of trying to put a certificate to something that I think is my original idea, just basically to go on record of me starting what is to become the next big craze, just me having a wank or is it worth doing? If I don't do it this way, how do I prove my bragging rights?
Thoughts.......
And don't be to negative, until you see it.........

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
I think something like that is worthwhile if you're looking to make money from it - trade marks, patents, etc aid in stopping idea theft, so that would stop someone else manufacturing and selling the same thing without a license - however, it doesn't stop them doing something similar. So if you're just after the bragging rights, it's probably not worth the effort in my opinion - but if you're looking to protect and investment and subsequent revenue from the product, then absolutely. Personally, I don't see a certificate adding any value to a grille - like I said, more just protecting your design from being copied.

CapriciousWL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL Caprice
Welcome to the world of Chinese imports. You may patent and copywrite to your hearts content, but someone may suddenly find a cheaper method of production, the ability to mass market and have the minimal design difference required to avoid litigation.

If your design is genuinely original then go for it - it's always something that you can feel proud of when looking back.

From what I have read of your post, you are adapting a standard SS badge in some form, so the copywrite is not on the logo but the application method? Be careful with what intellectual property you try to cover - there may be issues if you end up trying to produce items or if the original maker blocks your supply.

Thesickness86

Thesickness86
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Ve ute
I like my matte black lion, but I'm keen to see your design. Good on ya and good luck on being the next big craze

TraidMarc

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.traidmarc.com
Members Ride
I'm not trying to make money

The badge is not my design, and cannot be have a copy write to it. The badge has been around for quite some time. The badge is easily bought on ebay, for about $50 bucks. The certificate is perhaps a novelty, up for auction, and i imagine it will be snapped up for that factor......but in 50 years time it may be worth something, where as the actual grill won't be...because in a years time at least 50% of chevy grill owners will have changed to the TraidMarc badge, TraidMarc being reference to the first car to have it.. and there will be another large number of people that hate the chevy badge that will apply this badge...just because it is tough, and represents the SS like nothing else... I won't be taking my Holden badge off the rear end, because the bloody thing is a Holden....but If I achieve nothing so beit. but I guarantee that I will decrease the number of Chev badges on Holdens, because people just won't be able to help them selves, they will JUST WANT ONE!!!!!!

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
this thread is worthless without pics

enough talk, piccy piccy

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Not trying to sound like a nay-sayer here - but you're building this up to be a world turning event. Remember that things like this are subjective in nature, so there will be people who in fact don't like it. I'm not saying one way or the other - I'm just implying that perhaps a custom VE grille may not be the product to put Australia on the global socio-economic map.

I genuinely hope this goes well for you but the aftermarket parts industry is very competitive - particularly with 'dress-up' items like this. All the best with it.

TraidMarc

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.traidmarc.com
Members Ride
Pics will be up friday night.......I fly from Karratha to Sydney tomorrow, but will get the pics up on Friday, I have one bad pic on my Iphone, but it doesn't do it justice, bad flash glare, but maybe I can try to get it up......but I did say try not to get too negative until you see it...but it is a game changer....

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm Sportwagon
game changer? better be good mate......

Less talking and more uploading of pics!