Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SS Growler Kit

Verds

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman S
Yea thats what I like about the MACE box ... how ever the growler looks more like a stock part. If the MACE box was neater i'd be buying it right now ... and not just cause its $270 not $600.

Verds

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman S
I want to be able to fit a pod in ... and I am too lazy to sit there cutting a arsing around with it

D_BLOCK

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VF SS UTE
I have the Growler but on a VX SC6 , it has a bit more toe and definitely sounds the part.
Weigh it up though mine was around 450 and it looks like a stock item, maces might not look pretty but I'm sure it works just fine (like all his products).
At the end of the day you dont drive with your hood up do you? No,so decide budget or looks.

MACE

Reaction score
I think the look between the two boxes is a matter of opinion. However if one wanted more of a "stock" appearance with our box we can supply the kit with black screws instead of the zinc plated items :)

That aside the vacuum formed SS inductions boxes do make the plastic weaker and are prone to cracking over time. Given the superior material we use and different forming processes it never been a problem with our boxes which have been in the market place for around 4 years now :)

az_sv6

coudnt aford a v8
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
so the only difference is the look of them and the price...
the growler does look nice but you cant see thu my hood so mace it is.
is it hard to install? and how do i get one for my vz alloytec(190)?

Verds

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman S
Yea I agree too ehy. 270 or 600 ... um lol nah but the mace box with black screws will looke the part too. Plus bigger volume. Yea how do we order one for our alloytech's (I have a 175)

VZMAX

I THE GREAT
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz svz
Ive got one similar to MACE on my 175 svz...and it has a very nice induction growl and a vast improvement in fuel economy...my car returned 7.25 l/100k's when I drove to the snowyy mountains and back over the last weekend..I would definitely recommend the pod setup atleast for 175...