Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SS Growler Kit

06vzcalais

Reaction score
my brother has had a growler for numerous years now no cracks or problems just remember you get what u pay for

06vzcalais

Reaction score
i also have a growler on my z no problems as of yet looks the part does the job

MACE

Reaction score
so the only difference is the look of them and the price...
the growler does look nice but you cant see thu my hood so mace it is.
is it hard to install? and how do i get one for my vz alloytec(190)?

Yea I agree too ehy. 270 or 600 ... um lol nah but the mace box with black screws will looke the part too. Plus bigger volume. Yea how do we order one for our alloytech's (I have a 175)

They are not difficult to install as they are a genuine bolt on item (no drilling into body work). At worst they may be a bit fiddly to adjust for perfect fitment. The kit comes with a pictorial installation cd. You can order one via PM direct.

my brother has had a growler for numerous years now no cracks or problems just remember you get what u pay for

They have been cases where crack have formed around sections that represent stress concentrations, such as sharp corners, clip holes etc. This possibility increases the more take the cai is taken off and put on. You have to understand given the fact that there product are vacuum fomed, buy that I mean the plastic sheet can start off being 4.5mm, heated, then effectively stretched to conform to the shape. As a result parts of their plastic CAI can end up with a material thickness less then 2mm! The plastic they use is also cheaper Polypropylene, while we use only ABS, the same stuff that your bumper bar is made from :)

Polypropylene - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In regards to the getting what you pay for, I do agree with you however in the case of SS induction less then half of the retail price for their product goes to them as they deal with wholesalers such as proex

PROEX AUTOMOTIVE OFFICIAL WEBSITE

So you're not paying the extra premium for quality but for the wholesaling company and retailer who takes a substantial cut :)