Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SS Growler Kit

Kal123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 && 180sx
Hey guys, I'm looking for some advise on the SS Growler kit..

Has anyone fitted these to their 175/190? If so what improvements have you found?
ie.. Induction noise, power increase?

I've already done the 2-hole mod, and found minimal difference..

The main reason I'm considering the Growler is because I can get one of a mate, for only a couple hundred $$. And I also quite like the look of the kit..

So basically would it be worth the extra $$$ to upgrade to a Growler?

The car in question in a SV6 with full exhaust.

Cheers

84dez

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
hey mate have gone from two hole mod on my 190 to this and man the power upgrade is huge like from the feel of the front seat

COLD AIR INTAKE KIT VZ ALL 6CYL "FACTORY LOOK" NEW - eBay Air Filters, Induction Kits, Performance Parts, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 12-Apr-09 18:50:57 AEST)

mace also make one similar
COLD AIR INTAKE TO SUIT HOLDEN VZ V6 - eBay Air Filters, Induction Kits, Performance Parts, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 19-Apr-09 13:54:05 AEST)
this would be a more worth while installation as have heard nothing but bad things and the ss reductions on the alloytechs and the pods give it just a mean sound once it hits peak range

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
hey mate have gone from two hole mod on my 190 to this and man the power upgrade is huge like from the feel of the front seat

COLD AIR INTAKE KIT VZ ALL 6CYL "FACTORY LOOK" NEW - eBay Air Filters, Induction Kits, Performance Parts, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 12-Apr-09 18:50:57 AEST)

mace also make one similar
COLD AIR INTAKE TO SUIT HOLDEN VZ V6 - eBay Air Filters, Induction Kits, Performance Parts, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 19-Apr-09 13:54:05 AEST)
this would be a more worth while installation as have heard nothing but bad things and the ss reductions on the alloytechs and the pods give it just a mean sound once it hits peak range
im also considering getting this from mace looks good do u have one? be keen to get some feed back about members how have fitting these

84dez

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
yeah sucks i saw the mace one once i had already gotten mine from the other guys mace's definately looks more professional but from what i can tell i love it and everyone who has heard my car loves it

squawk

squawk
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Executive, A4
would you rate it better than the 2 hole mod? where is it sucking its cold air from since its enclosed behind the head light

84dez

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
two hole mod is crap in comparison but two hole mod is the bang for buck mod as i did mine for free (sisters bf a plumber lol) and pod filter was just awsome

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
It's a new product for us. We'll definitely be having more info about them on our site including fitting instructions over the coming weeks :)

Cheers
Steve

Ill hang around till more info comes out. Atm im happy with the 2 hole mod.