Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SS Head lights & Tail lights

jonwilliams76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
A few of you guys have suggested that I get SS Head lights and Tail lights but I cannot seem to find photo's to see the difference.....

Can you guys please help and post some Pic's...

Of either suggestion's or your of your own photo's

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
Heres SS head lights in Troys old ute...
VZUte099Large.jpg

And heres gottavycalais tail lights...
39425d1178789903-vy-vz-tail-lights-2007_0310calais0005.jpg

One big difference is their black

hingo1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Yep thats right. VZ Calais tail lights are much different from SS. Just like they are also different from VY Calais tail lights.

hingo1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
I'm pretty sure with VZ models that the tail lights in the Calais are the same size as the VZ executive. SS and SV6 had different size lights still I think. I may be wrong, but the VY Calais lights seem to be the same size as the VZ. The lower VY models (exec) and the SS had smaller tail lights. My dad has a VY 25th Anniversary Edition and when you park it side by side with my VZ you can notice the difference quite easily.

So in summary,

jonwilliams76, if you have a VZ Executive, you should be able to fit VZ Calais tail lights with no problems as they should be teh same size. If you had a VY this would be a different story.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
I'm pretty sure with VZ models that all tail lights are the same size, including executive. I may be wrong, but the VY Calais lights seem to be the same size as the VZ. The lower VY models had smaller tail lights. My dad has a VY 25th Anniversary Edition and when you park it side by side with my VZ you can notice the difference quite easily.

Exec, berlina, calais all the same size in the vz. Sv6 and ss were a bit smaller