Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ss/hsv bits on a base model.. am i a hypocrite?

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Personally I dont have problem with it...except if someone is trying to pass off a fake as the real thing when selling !...I wonder how many of these cars with Brocky signatures are real...I reckon I've seen some awfull fakes on eBay !!!

KingDiamond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
As long as the owner likes it thats fine.

Who cares what anyone else thinks. I put/take stuff on my car because I like it, not because I'm scared of what others will think...

Like a few people have said "why put a Stateman Garnish badge on your Berlina" - because it looks good to me.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
I'm with most here, badges is a no no for me.
I'm all for making your car look a bit sportier altho i'm not a fan of body kits.
SS or clubby lights look good, basic stuff like that i don't see a problem with.

89vncommy

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VN Caladore
I have calais-ed up my car.. Put in the seats, the roof, door trims, and even the dash....

Most of my door trims were rooted, the roof was sagging, the dash was bubbled in one spot, and the seats were just the stock S Pack seats and one of the springs was sticking up on the drivers one.. So it was a little bit of a pain on those long drives...

But I left the calais badge on the dash... But don't have any other badges on it anyway ... It has all the electric windows, and central locking so now I guess it is just like a real Calais anyway ... lol ...

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
I bought my VY SS brand new and paid decent money for it. In an ideal world, I'd like my car to look distinctive from say, an Executive. I think it's unfair when guys with an Exec can make their car look like mine (to the untrained eye) even though they paid half as much for it.

This used to get me furious when the car was newer - now that it's three years old, I'm not as fussed by it.

But yeah, I agree that badges are where you cross the line, as I've recently been arguing in this thread:
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=30639&p=432020

VNCalais98K

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais no more
My pet hate is seeing newer model badges on older model cars...
For example the VT Calais badges on VL or VNs.
Or the VX SS badges on the VK or something.

Personally i think whatever you do to the interior is fine, and it makes the car look good and comfortable. whatever. EG Calais bits in an Executive.
Exterior it should be standard to your model, or custom.
Things like Mags arent so much an issue, but mocking up a car to be something its not is just sad.

It doesnt irk me personally, i just feel its not what modifying should be. theres no originality in it, no class or style.. it just cheapens the actual higher model.

Cav

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
cav.bigblog.com.au
Members Ride
VE II Omega Ute; Fairmont Ghia
Let's face it, blokes love their cars.

Some blokes have more money than others.

Modifying cars costs money.

So if a bloke makes changes to HIS CAR that he loves, who are we to question it?

After all it is HIS pride and joy.

-UNKNOWN-

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 VR S2 BT1 5 Speed, N13 Pulsar Vector
The only thing that pisses me off is VT owners puting aftermarket/monaro tail lights in without changing the boot garnish. Also what VNCalais89K said about newer badges on older cars pisses me off too. There is no VK SS no VH Calais, dont put em on your car coz your being laughed at by all.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Let's face it, blokes love their cars.

Some blokes have more money than others.

Modifying cars costs money.

So if a bloke makes changes to HIS CAR that he loves, who are we to question it?

After all it is HIS pride and joy.

That's fair enough - as long as it doesn't cheapen the higher model cars.

The higher models are someone's pride & joy too...