Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ss/hsv bits on a base model.. am i a hypocrite?

VNCalais98K

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais no more
No, thats completely different.
Modding a VN with a VY kit is different.
Its stylising and its custom. Its different.
Its not like you have a VN SS kit on a VN Exec.

In that scenario you should feel better than you have a personal car and they are just driving a "stock" clubby. More money than sense... haha!!

89vncommy

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VN Caladore
I always get embarrassed when I pull up next to a VZ SS cause of my guards, or a VY Clubsport cause of my kit.

Purely because I feel so cheap that they can afford an actual VY clubsport... I can only afford a VN with VY Clubsport kit :p

Don't feel bad about yours... Your car looks hot ... Who cares that it is a VN .. I want to do a similar thing to mine, when I get to free up some cash .. Overall the VN has a great shape, and I am in love with it ... What you have done with yours looks awesome ... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
...you should feel better than you have a personal car and they are just driving a "stock" clubby. More money than sense... haha!!

Just a stock Clubby?

I know which one I'd rather have! ;) (No offence 1991_Vn2nV)

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Just about the only GT's and XU1's you see on the road today are replicas, even the replicas are almost worth too much (not only money value) to drive around so replicas do have a place in the world, eventually

But I wouldn't be making a V6 look like anything (on the outside) unless it had a engine transplant first

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
Hey Davey...

Im up for it.. all i said to that Tool was the kits on a vy s pack versus a vy ss
ARE different because of the rear spolier...:)

Jeffro74

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wanna bee SS
Im up for it davey :p

Well yes i have a ss kit and badges on my VY 5.7 berlina,a berlina from factory is almost the same price as an ss.
I dont try to claim its an ss at all i just rekon it looks great,so anyhow anyone want to sue me for turning a berlina into a ss lookalike?
i rekon it looks better then an ss now anyhow cause ya cant buy an ss in my colour :p
So its a genuine mixmatch :p one of a kind :)
Flame me up :p

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
To clarify:

We were having this exact same discussion on another thread, till a mod deleted our posts and told us to take it elsewhere. I then invited SSZ-57L, Jeffro74, brentmc and others to continue the discussion here...

Hey Davey...

Im up for it.. all i said to that Tool was the kits on a vy s pack versus a vy ss
ARE different because of the rear spolier...:)

Mate, you said exactly what I was thinking when I read his posts.

Jeffro74 said:
Im up for it davey :p

Well yes i have a ss kit and badges on my VY 5.7 berlina,a berlina from factory is almost the same price as an ss.
I dont try to claim its an ss at all i just rekon it looks great,so anyhow anyone want to sue me for turning a berlina into a ss lookalike?
i rekon it looks better then an ss now anyhow cause ya cant buy an ss in my colour :p
So its a genuine mixmatch :p one of a kind
Flame me up :p

Like I've said before, the SS kit and other bits on a non-SS annoy me, but I can live with it - more so now that my car is three years old. But to put the SS badges on it is NOT COOL. Why else would you put the badges on it if you're not trying to claim it's an SS? Oh, and what does it say on the right hand side of your posts, next to "Ride"? VYSS.

At least change that to VYSS wannabe!

Jeffro74

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wanna bee SS
Ok ill take the 5 dollar ss badges of to make you all sleep better at night?

Last edited: