Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SS Inductions gear for a LS1

H

Happy Dude

G'day people, im just currious if anyone has had any experiece with any of the SS inductions gear... cheers...

H

Happy Dude

yeah and i drive a VX SS so any ideas on good mods, and modest mods, im all ears...

vrberlina94

Reaction score
Im sure OLS108 will agree with this statement, from what I have seen from other forums, that they are in fact SS reductions......both in horse power and your wallet

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
There is many differing opinions on this site regarding SS induction gear. A lot of people that have it like it so I would have to say if you have the money to waste try it. If you dont like it there is plenty of others that will buy it.

delco

EFITUNER
Reaction score
Website
www.chipmaster.com.au
Members Ride
V2 Monaro A4
SS reductions is what it is on a LS1 , works ok on the V6 but it will strangle a poor LS1's breathing.
There airflow meter will also cause lots of issues , not the least is a dead auto trans from the reduced line pressure that results.

hsvpgts

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II V6 Berlina
try visiting dynomotive
www.dynomotive.com.au
they're in Bayswater, Vic. mark's a top bloke and will point you in the right direction for those extra ponies you want.

OLS108

MR Helpful
Reaction score
Members Ride
Stockish VX Berlina
Guys how many times are we going to play this game ? :bang:
I have been asked to come up with a LS1 guide that will be made sticky.
I will start it in a few days..

VXWAGMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series 2 V8 Berlina Wagon A4
I used SS on my VR V6.. was pretty good.. got an extra 50km out of a tank and seemed to be a bit louder etc..

Wouldn't bother on my Gen3.. There stuff is way overpriced and for a LS1 I'd say get a $30 MCAI and fatter HSV Intake pipe. don't bother with SS Inductions stuff.

OLS108

MR Helpful
Reaction score
Members Ride
Stockish VX Berlina
VXWAGMAN said:
I used SS on my VR V6.. was pretty good.. got an extra 50km out of a tank and seemed to be a bit louder etc..

Wouldn't bother on my Gen3.. There stuff is way overpriced and for a LS1 I'd say get a $30 MCAI and fatter HSV Intake pipe. don't bother with SS Inductions stuff.
yeah Not too say SS industions isnt Good on a V6 or ford or Whatever , But for the LS1/LS2 they are plan **** !

C

Cross-8

G'day all,

I have a VZ Cross-8. Redhot with Anthractite leather, just clocked over 2,450 kms.
A week ago I received and installed an SS inductions 'Growler' Kit, replacing the stock air intake assembly and filter.
The difference is enormous! I'm now a convert to this set-up...mates were sceptical at the $400+ price tag for a bit'o plastic but it has since changed their minds in a big way.
There is no down low lag associated with the stock assemblies restrictive design, Mid range revs are matched with greater torque. High range revs feel free and easy with a difinitive increase in acceleration.

I'm happy with it and it sounds bloody unreal !

Cheers for now,
Pete WA

Attachments

• x82.JPG
    x82.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 299