Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SS Inductions vs Airhammer: CAI

mooks6669

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II MY17 SS Manual
I installed an Airhammer kit on my VE SS Ute today and i must admit im pretty impressed with the responsiveness and torque increase after the job..Don't know about fuel economy yet because my car has only done 600kms and as it is still running in its' sucking like a pig...easy installation and good help from Jason at Velocity Auto... Oh and cheaper than SS Induction kit...Sounds mad too....!!

JC_VE6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
i have an SS inductions growler kit, I havent used an AirHammer so cant comment on them, but im pretty "so-so" on the ss Inductions.
Made a difference but nothin too huge really.
I made myself a small air ram for undeside of front bar as the intake hole from factory is an absolute joke, and that made a bit of difference, esp on freeways/high speed. but just around town, cant say it does much really.

Next time - i would try airhammer, everyone seems to rave about them, so id prob go that way,.

JC.

vy1sv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv ute
the airhammers are great, i had one before i went in different directions, it sounds great, actually makes decent power and isnt too bad cost wise for the power you get :)

dakman

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ute 22's lowered hardlid
bloke from tafe just put one on his 09 sv6 ute and reckons they are **** house and he also reckons hes lost power with it. they mount onto the motor really bad and they dont sit flush, they also sit ontop of the radiator, very bad design. hes taking it off and trying a ss induction system.

ve_alloytec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
are the airhammers easy to install, is it a D.I.Y job or do you have to take it in to do it?

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE

skarekrow

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute M6
diy - not a 20 minute job like they advertise on the box though. Unless you're ripping everything off and cutting up your hands to shreds...

to do a thorough job, probably twice that.

Sounds better with it on, although it feels like the torque curve from the "seat of the Pants" dyno has some lumps in it now. One noticably at about 1900rpm.

ve_alloytec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
is their anything i should look out for when installing it, i dont want an error message to come up when i start the car???

ssrevhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Sportwagon
I am having problems with my ss inductions y pipe, it is very thin where it connects to the MAF and rubber slid off y pipe allowing unfiltered air into my engine. as a result i have refitted the factory y pipe.

sheepz

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 SV6 manual
took me an hour or so to install the Airhammer on my sv6, but that was cutting the hole as well. Really happy with the results can feel the difference, only had it in for 3 weekish and got 660km to my last tank using shell 98. Thats also with a lot of city/highway driving. Very happy with the results for something that cost me $363, already got extra 100km out of my tank.