Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SS Inductions vs Airhammer: CAI

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1
took me an hour or so to install the Airhammer on my sv6, but that was cutting the hole as well. Really happy with the results can feel the difference, only had it in for 3 weekish and got 660km to my last tank using shell 98. Thats also with a lot of city/highway driving. Very happy with the results for something that cost me $363, already got extra 100km out of my tank.

I would very much doubt that you would get an extra 100km out of a tank with just an airhammer fitted.

You really need to do the same stretch of road twice, once before the mod and then once after to give an accurate figure.

Like the drive from sydney to canberra. Make sure your tank is full and then fill up at the same petrol station and you will get a pretty accurate result.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
mate you would be surprised, I remember getting 9l/100km from melbourne to bendigo before my CAI, dropped down to 8.0l/100km with just a CAI on the same stretch, and now with headers I get around 7.2l/100km (best) thats at 110km/h

sheepz

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 SV6 manual
I would very much doubt that you would get an extra 100km out of a tank with just an airhammer fitted.

You really need to do the same stretch of road twice, once before the mod and then once after to give an accurate figure.

Like the drive from sydney to canberra. Make sure your tank is full and then fill up at the same petrol station and you will get a pretty accurate result.

You can doubt all you want, i've got no gain of lying. i got 660km on my last tank and it filled full to with 64 L. I keep a log book if your really need proof.

Also my car has dropped from 10.7L per 100 to 9.4L per 100 kms atm.

And i practicly drive the same stretch of roads everyday to work, as i work dandenong, nunawading, preston, city and kilsyth taking the same roads.

Silver Streak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXR
I'll be insterested to know how it goes to. I trying to decide between a air hammer and just getting a high flow panel filter like the AFE one.

Hi how did you go did you fit one of those Afe high flow filters , I am wondering what the result is, I have brought one and I am waiting for it to be delivered , I to was considering a Airhammer , possible stage 1 I think that they are about 215 and a full airhammer with heat shield was 690 so 100 dollars I thougth was a good option.

Last edited:

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
Velocity Auto is selling kits including heat sheild for $450 including cleaning/re oil kit

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
ramjet OTR are quite legal , you might want to get a MAF less tune to make the most of it .