Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SS Inductions vs Airhammer: CAI

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
I have been pondering over the SS Inductions (growler) and Airhammer cold air induction kits for my VE, Im not interested in OTRs due to price and mafless tune. I have been hearing very mixed testimonials for the airhammer and growler CAIs and wondered if people who have experience or who currently have one could make suggestions.
They are roughly the same price and boast roughly the same increase in power hence my dilemma.
Thanks

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
i have a russo otr and before that i had an airhammer. due to my car being untuned i made more power with the airhammer about 5rwkw's more.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Never heard anyone say anything good about SS inductions.

EnFoRcEr_001

Deano
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 A5
hey tom, there are many people that have used both products. honestly i have not heard many negative comments on the air hammer. i am currently using an airhammer and have no complaints. i went down the same road as you not wanting otr or maffless so this was the only option really as there has been alot said about the growler mostly ranking really poorly though. Also with a tune there have been major improvements on CAI cant say much about the growler but if i can remember correctly Castle hill quoted someone an air hammer with tune somewhere between 20-30kw and close to 70nm increase with the tune and CAI. Any one if i am wrong please correct me.

Cheers

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
CHE quote around 13-25hp gain and around 70nm of torque gain with just a tune. they don't suppily air hammers. the air hammer is a great product, like i said i am running a russo otr on a stock tune i got dynoed at che on the week end and lost 5rwkws the dyno runs weren't back to back so it's a bit hard to say but i certainly didn't gain power.

paynie

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss ute
I got a russo maf enabled otr cai. Rocks with mafless tune rocks even harder.

I have a 2.5 cat back xforce and puts out 240rwkw.

Malus

Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Maloo
I'll be insterested to know how it goes to. I trying to decide between a air hammer and just getting a high flow panel filter like the AFE one.

Kye

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SV6
I fitted a Airhammer onto my VE a Couple of days ago. Pretty happy with the results, Fuel consumption is down to 9.1L/100kms and the car is much more responsive when accelerating there is noticably more power aswell.

KARMA 6L

mmmmmm 6.0L
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY9.5 VE SS Manual
Can't speak for the Air Hammer but I am not that impressed with the SS induction kit. Had it on a month or so and she seems less responsive to me. Induction sound is good though. Booking in for a new exhaust next week so I will see how it is after that and a tune.