Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SS Inductions

wes_v8

WES_VN
Reaction score
Website
streetrides.20.forumer.com
Members Ride
04 Vz Sv6 6 speed
hey, don't know 2 much about the VY's but my mate has a VY SS ute....

Just wondering if the SS induction kit in the VY V8 5.7 GenIII(if thats the one in the SS) are worth the money

heres what is says about them...

Big Mouth™ Cold Air Induction
The standard system draws warm air from a small opening in the top panel and from a restrictive tube behind the bumper bar.
SS Inductions’ Big Mouth™ system channels cool air from the front of the moving car - from under the bonnet and also from the front grill area by utilising the unique SS Inductions’ aluminium air scoop which attaches to the air-conditioning condenser. This extra airflow is then rammed through the lower and front openings in the induction unit directly to the double entry intake connected to the standard airbox, ensuring maximum delivery of cold air to the motor.
Expect up to 12kW increase at the rear wheels, smoother performance, more responsive throttle and a considerable fuel saving.
The three-part kit consists of plastic induction unit, plastic double entry connecting intake and the unique SS Inductions’ aluminium air scoop. RRP $399.00.

or

Growler Cold Air Induction
The standard system draws warm air from a small opening in the top panel and from a restrictive tube behind the bumper bar. SS Inductions’ Growler system incorporates a streamlined pod style airbox that draws cool air from behind and beneath the headlight and rams it through a superior long-life Big Mouth™ pod filter (manufactured by Kingdragon®, Italy).
Expect up to 16kW increase at rear wheels, smoother performance, more responsive throttle, a considerable fuel saving and a nice induction growl under hard acceleration.
The four-part kit consists of plastic pod-style airbox with lid, plastic replacement front panel and the Big Mouth™ pod filter (which normally retails at $170.00). RRP $599.00.

if so which one is more worth it thanx

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
There good and well know brand,but i think there are other aspects of power for bang for buks,try fabricating a CAI at half the cost with a pod or high flow air filter with some duct work, save some cash. Good plugs,service,leads,cai,extractors,maf tune,lLS1 EDIT,3" systems will get you some good numbers for starters that for sure.

I got a VS V8 CAI for my vn ss with a K & N Filter paid $100 and cai came with car so bargain,try looking around,SS INDUCTION isn't ur only option but a good one if you got $600 for a bit of plastic.

Just_Ice

Reaction score
Also known as SS Reductions.....

Alot of people say that hey lost power after fitting one..

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Ludacris said:
Also known as SS Reductions.....

Alot of people say that hey lost power after fitting one..

Yeah, I've heard a lot of negative things about them too...

BlackVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim
I just got a aunger CAI and a K&N panel filter this week. got it all supplied and fitted for $380, so thats not too bad. Haven't really had the time to test out the difference, but there is some power gain while accelerating. I'll take it out this weekend on the motorways and give it a good test run. Let ya'll know soon. :)

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
I'm pretty sure HSV make one. Not sure what they are like compared to aftermarket ones. Don't know too much more, but the LS1 modification section would have more info...