Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SS Inductions

D

DA_VZ_UTE

I received an email with the new SS Inductions Growler air intake for both V6 and V8! The retail price was quoted at $599 which includes the filter... Does anyone have any more information on the Growler? :w00t:

D

DA_VZ_UTE

The Pic!

They sent me a pic as well...

Attachments

• VZgrowler!.jpg
    VZgrowler!.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 847
O

owe5goat

VZ Growler

Hello,

I have a 2005 Pontiac GTO 6.0 Liter V8. I sent an email to SS inquiring about the Big Mouth Cold Air Induction Kit and asked them if it would fit my GTO. They said the VZ Growler would fit it. My question is, does the Growler pull air from in front of the radiator like the Big Mouth? If not, where does it put air from and what size piping/opening is used?

Thanks

-Bill
Washington D.C. USA

S

SV6cruz

Intake

VZSV6 said:
its the sameone i have, it would be nicer to get more air into it

VZsv6 what was the power increase when you installed the growler

alimpyer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ UTE 3.6 M6
i have a ss inductions big mouth induction kit in my VZ v6. i can catagorically say that it is worth every sent i paid. no i didnt dino my car before or after i put it in(takes about 15min).
The power diffrence is noticable if u drive ur car as hard as me, sideways(i one a ute). But the BIG diffrence is the noise, the v6 in stock form sounds kind of electric and boring. now it has a huge growl when u crack open full throttle. best bit is in second just above 3grand and it comes alive. i'v never heard a v6 rumble like this before. now i'm not going to change the Exhaust because i believe it would just be a waist - fuel consumption does decrease if u drive normally (i'v only experianced this for 1 full tank). Buy it, its not much money for what u gain. a huge grin factor!

sting ls2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Clubsport ls2 A4
if and when,i get the dollars i would go for the big mouth intake over the growler,not much air coming from behind the headlight,it is above.

furrhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy 3.8
Hi Alimpyer,
Where do you purchase the big mouth intakes from? Is there anywhere in Sydney that you know of or are they interstate? What is the going price as I would like one.
Thanks.

alimpyer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ UTE 3.6 M6
The going price for one of these products is about 600 ish. i ordered it from autobarn in vic. In regards to there is not enough air flow behind the headlight, well i have been informed that this is not the case. When i first went to install my kit ii thought there must have been a pipe or something missing because it just didnt look like there was anywhere for the air to get in. Well after my angry email i was rung up and told that there is sufficient air pressuere for considerable amount of power. (i wont quote coz u wont believe, well entruly enough for a high powered supercharge kit). anyhow i believe it is great value for the smile on ur face factor. BTW does anyone else have trouble keeping there car in a straight line in the wet (utes) snaps out at every corner etc.

B

BLACK346

There is plenty enough air behind the LHS headlight
to power the LS1, so I don't reckon the V6 would be
any different. SS Inductions market crap. That is
why they are commonly referred to as SS Reductions :bop: