Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SS Kit

RoboticCherry-Coke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais S1
Hey guys,
I got my hands on the front part of a VS SS bumper. I am thinking bout putting it on my car but its the wrong colour. Any ideas on how much it will cost me to get it resprayed white to match? just looking for rough estimates so i got somewhat of an idea on what i will be up for. Cheers.

SV62NV

Scuba Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SV6
Hey guys,
I got my hands on the front part of a VS SS bumper. I am thinking bout putting it on my car but its the wrong colour. Any ideas on how much it will cost me to get it resprayed white to match? just looking for rough estimates so i got somewhat of an idea on what i will be up for. Cheers.

im looking for a vs ss body kit also, hard to find :(... for the front bumper id say ur looking between 200 and 500 bucks, roughly, bit of a wide margin but not entirely sure

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Just the lip or the whole bumper?

To respray it, anywhere between $100 - $200 I would say, judging on what they charge over here.

RoboticCherry-Coke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais S1
i am just looking to get the lip resprayed, my car is a bit banged up atm due to a ford driving not giving way so the rest of the bumper (along with just about the entire left side of my car) is getting resprayed under insurance.

And shaneomac000 i got kinda lucky with this one, i was on my way to my gf's place last night and found it on the side of the road :D

SV62NV

Scuba Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SV6
i am just looking to get the lip resprayed, my car is a bit banged up atm due to a ford driving not giving way so the rest of the bumper (along with just about the entire left side of my car) is getting resprayed under insurance.

And shaneomac000 i got kinda lucky with this one, i was on my way to my gf's place last night and found it on the side of the road :D

haha nice work gota love it when something that good happens ey, im talking about finding the bumper not being hit by a ford lol :thumbsup:

RoboticCherry-Coke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais S1
lol yeah well it kinda made my day :p yeah being hit by the ford has been a nightmare, been a month and i am still waiting on a quote from one repairer went to another one and it took him 2 days to do one up for me so hopefully i will have the rest of the car fixed up soon.

RoboticCherry-Coke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais S1
Just been thinking bout this, its obviously going to be cheaper to get the lip painted a different colour if there is no paint on it to start with, right? in this case i would be better of striping all the paint off myself first, any suggestions as to how i can get the green paint off of the lip or should i just crack out the sand paper?

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
cost me $180 to get my rear ss lip painted, and i also had my front bumper re-sprayed which cost my $200. i thought that was a bit weird cause they would of used more paint on my front bumper than the rear lip, oh well lol

RoboticCherry-Coke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais S1
ah ok cool, well thats not to bad. I guess i will just have to go see a couple of local panel beaters and see how much its going to cost.

Andrew426

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP calais, VR Berlina, VJ valiant, BG5 legacy
Cant you just put it on the car and have it sprayed along with the rest of the bumper? Just say it was on there when the accident happened. :w00t: