Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SS Mufflers on SV6

rum87

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf Redline Ute M6
I've got spare Maloo rear mufflers and SS Ute rears.

I had the Maloo rears on my 2008 Manual SV6 Ute, barely a note change. Tiny bit of a grumble in low gears. Look heaps better though.

would u be looking at selling them at all?? coz im interested in a set

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
yea i don't see why not. the SS rears are immaculate and the maloo rears just need a bit of a clean.

rum87

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf Redline Ute M6
yea i don't see why not. the SS rears are immaculate and the maloo rears just need a bit of a clean.

awesome, well if u were to let me know a price id get the ss mufflers im sick of the baked beans cans on my sv6

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
awesome, well if u were to let me know a price id get the ss mufflers im sick of the baked beans cans on my sv6

I'm one of those people who horde things haha so it will be weird to sell something :p

what are the SS rears worth guys?

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
SS and HSV mufflers are exactly the same except for the thicker tips on the HSV...

Bawho

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY 2010 VE SV6 VE
I was quoted $500 for a set of genuine VE SS mufflers.

I got mine on ebay for $110.

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
ring around exhaust shops, they always have near new ones lying around,
even homart are selling BRAND new, FULL VE catbacks (including mufflers) for $195

Bradbd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Hi,

Don't want the drone but want the dual-tips on each muffler so I thought I'd just get the SS mufflers.

Swapped out my mufflers for a pair of SS ones today. I can't comment on the Y design as I managed to get a pair of the prior II II design but it has definitely added a deep grumble as you rev through ~1500-2500. It's most noticeable at around 2300-2400 rpm and could be considered by some to be a drone. After you get past 2500 rpm though you won't be able to tell the difference between stock and SS exhaust.

Set me back $100 for the whole exhaust system from an SS but I just chucked everything bar the mufflers.

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
I have the AFM mufflers on my SV6 it is the Y pipe design and there is no difference maybe a tad louder louder over the stock SV6's but look the part as they all do. Best $50 on ebay worth well spent imho.

Bradbd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
but look the part as they all do. Best $50 on ebay worth well spent imho.

I've stopped reverse parking for the time being so I get a chance to look at them more :D