Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ss ute idle?

vyjess

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy
hi just purchased vs ss series 3 ute and i have noticed that the engine revs rise bout 100rpm at idle every 3 or 4 seconds! just wondering if any body knows whats causing it to do that or any ideas where to look 4 a problem? cheers

vyjess

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy
thats what i thought but havnt found any yet! the only thing i have noticed was every time the revs increased the alternater made a noise so i put a multi meter on batt and found that every time this happens the volts drop from 14.4 to 13 and even with alternater unhooked it still has a voltage drop every time revs rise! got me beat.

Tony.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII SS
Have you posted anything in the My Commodore section?

I love the VS III SS Ute! Really would love to get one!

vyjess

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy
just worked out how to check my engine codes and have a 23 32 and 35 any help on what they mean? cheers

vyjess

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy
still havnt found me problem causing my idle to change. i have cleaned throttle body and maf and checked 4 air leaks but still nothing! dose any1 have any ideas the ute seems to run fine apart from this annoying idle! the voltage drop i mentiond b4 was caused by the ac fan wires shorting out!

vt s

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s s1
I might of said alternator overcharging but the voltage drops...