Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SS ute prices VE era?

Fachoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
calais 2
Ute ran different schedules to sedans, even when VT sedans were using LS motors the VS series 3 still came out in the olympic year with 304.

This VU is series 1 out in 2001 at the same time as VX sedans the VU ss v8 came out later in series 2 in 2002. The VU 1+2 S pac is a V6, but who knows if it was ordered as an factory option with LS which was available for sedans and wagons before the series 2 were made later that year.

Either way the VIN number will confirm the factory installed engine.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
LS1 first appeared in Series II VT.

S Pac of any model VT II onwards normally V6, not 8.

Hence why I would want legit confirmation of the claim in the ad.

Wasn't aware of the s pac side of things, so thanks for the clarification....

Will be interested to know whether it is factory or not

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Seriously considering borrowing around $14k and not waiting until I can save the magical $25k. This coming week I will have saved nearly $16k. I'm just getting tired of not having transport. I only need $10k but we will be moving in to the new house in around 8 weeks and it would be nice to have some money to start landscaping soon after we get the keys.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
So I have just applied for some finance through my bank. Now to see what happens. I will know by Wednesday if I'm approved. I have emailed Jackson's about about the red ute but they might be shut now. They may not even reply as it seems they are not in a hurry to shift it. I have asked for best price which is not something a dealer tends to disclose but eight weeks or more in the yard is a long time listed. I'd say I won't get a reply but I may get a phone call if they are really wanting to sell. I have actually found another two SSVs one is over three hours away and another about 75 mins away. The closer one is light green which is not a great colour. Bloke has $23k ONO. The other 3hrs away is silver but has 200ks on the clock. Whereas most I'm looking at are around 140k. However the one down south is only $20k, with six months rego.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/blessington/cars-vans-utes/ve-ssv-commodore-ute/1276818025

1624691956374.png

$23k and 75 mins away.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/pelverata/cars-vans-utes/holden-commodore-ssv-ute/1276464857

1624692056471.png

$20k but three hours away.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I don't think the $20k one will last long, and I'd go as far as to say that by next weekend, which would be the earliest I could get there it will be sold. It has done 200k though, and from looking on JC, the engines don't last like the old V8s and early - mid V6s do. So 200k might mean I'd be lucky to get three years, before I need to spend some serious money on the engine.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
I’d be going with the lower mileage ones, not that mileage is a true indicator of future reliably.

I wouldn’t worry too much about the colour as I find that you get used to a colour after a bit of time. I’d be putting low-milage ahead of the colour.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I'd be checking out the Atomic one.

Decent kms, manual and stock except for rims.

Price is also negotiable.

Go and test drive it.

If you like it, offer 20 and pay up to 21.5.

The more I think about the green one the more I don't like it. I don't like colour and I don't like the wheels. If it was a nicer colour I could get new wheels considering the price is pretty good. I still have to see if I'm approved for the loan anyway.
I'm more keen on the red one in Hobart. It's auto which I prefer and colour is better as are the wheels. Mileage on the red one is 138k.
Although I prefer an auto, I'm keen to know which trans has better longevity? If autos on these are problematic then I will probably go with a manual anyway. I don't want to buy another money pit like the VR was.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Colour is important...you'll have to look at the thing everyday.

As expected buy what you really want & if you have top wait for the right car & paint/trim/driveline that you really want....wait for it as in long run you'll want to keep it instead of wanting to offload it/regret.