Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SS ute prices VE era?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Definitely want a Holden, and something that has some get up and go. Not interested in 4cyl diesel slugs.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Whilst I haven't taken any notice to the prices of them, by having cash in hand always allows the price to be talked down.....

What I'd do is look at interstate prices + the cost of transport and transfer.....With that information in hand, you can then negotiate your price you'd want to pay cash for one in your neck of the woods.....If they don't want to play ball, walk away and find someone that does want to play

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I get that the market is all fcuked up if looking to buy but I'd be concerned with paying that amount of coin for something with that many kays.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Ok so I am probably going to need to get partial finance to pick up anything half decent. That's fine I can probably come at $16k-$17k in a loan with my deposit.
However, I have no idea what a VE ute is called. I searched for Commodore utes on Redbook, to get trade in prices and they seemed have ended in 2000.
Can anyone please advise me what I need to put into Car Sales as the search criteria? Are they called SSV or HSV, or something else?

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
My neighbor bought a ve silver ss manual ute a few months ago $21k don't know the kms.
Very clean, with a hardliid .
I thought it was a ssv but got a better look yesterday.
The badge with red in it I think concerns the cat back exhaust.
I'll ask him next time we catch up = could be a few weeks.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Ok so I am probably going to need to get partial finance to pick up anything half decent. That's fine I can probably come at $16k-$17k in a loan with my deposit.
However, I have no idea what a VE ute is called. I searched for Commodore utes on Redbook, to get trade in prices and they seemed have ended in 2000.
Can anyone please advise me what I need to put into Car Sales as the search criteria? Are they called SSV or HSV, or something else?
Holden Ute (leave out ‘Commodore’).

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Last edited:

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
I don't know about Redbook but on car sales if you put in Commodore and then ute you get anything prior to 2000. To get ute you obviously have to go to Holden and then go to ute and then either put in the year or go to ve.

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
Hey losh, you appear to have acknowledged that something decent and newer will cost upwards of the 20 grand mark and seem willing to accept higher kilometers in order to offset some of that cost. Buying local on your island would also make life easier wouldn't it, but yup, the prices are high in Tasmania. Here's a link for all ads for VE & VF V8 utes on carsales Tasmania for you to favourite (you can also save the search if you Join carsales & Sign In). Includes dealers and private sales. https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/?q=(And.Service.carsales._.(C.Make.Holden._.(C.Model.Ute._.(Or.Series.VE._.Series.VE+Series+II._.Series.VF._.Series.VF+Series+II.)))_.State.Tasmania._.Year.range(2006..2017)._.Cylinders.8.)&sort=~Price

TazzyUtes.jpg

What are your thoughts on that rather rare 2001 'S' badged VU in Hobart for $20K that I posted about in your old ute thread? One owner, LS1, 6spd manual, 167,682 km, always parked under cover, owners manual documents and service history . Thought about having a look at it? Aren't you moving back closer to civilisation or do you still need a daily hack that can handle corrugated gravel roads, can take a few stone chips and have the corners nocked about? https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2001-holden-ute-s-vu-manual/SSE-AD-7178012/ I would be giving that one a good sniff losh, in your shoes. Can't hurt to look and I have a hunch that, like many private sellers, he might find a cash offer of 15%-10% less than his asking price too hard to refuse. Cash is king.

losh-new-ute1.jpg

losh-new-ute2.jpg