Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SS ute prices VE era?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Yeah I was thinking blank grommets. I really need a tonneau anyway, unless the hard cover is fairly painless to slip off and on again once a fortnight.
Sort of trying to gauge what I have to work with if I say to them remove the ugly thing, and put in four grommets and not worry about paint. That would surely be the cheapest option. If it's a fair cost then that might bring the price down if I opt for grommets.
I'm comfortable at $25k drive away with just grommets but I have to pay Tas tax, which only applies to cars sold here....., so will need to spruke a little more I suspect.
Hard cover has been the single best thing I bought for my ute. It’s coming with me to the new one as well. Never had one on the VP and wish I did. Never had one for some time on the Crewman and wish I did it earlier.

Will be easy as to blank off the holes and you can bet some muppet would buy the wing. That or you could use it as a shelf in that flippin’ amazing new shed! (So jealous)

Fixing those holes is waaaaaay easier than fixing the VR ute.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Oh. Without the bookshelf, that ute is tidy as.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Even some nice domed hex bolts would look tidy enough to blank off the lid.
8F666644-9837-408F-BB91-9502E54EF1A8.jpeg

This is an M8.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Oh. Without the bookshelf, that ute is tidy as.

Yeah two owner, full service history. It was a trade in on a Newer Maloo. Interior is pretty much immaculate. Steering wheel and leather seats are still in prime condition.
It's gonna come down to price. I don't want to low ball him and offer something insulting. But I also want to keep it below $30k drive away. I think it being a trade there will be some room to negotiate. I don't think there is $5k plus fixing the hard cover holes in it though. Only because everything else similar era but probably not as good is $35k plus. Looked at a 2007 today similar mileage and that was $36 and they weren't even interested to make an offer when I said I can get one as good or better for $30k. They let me walk without even trying to negotiate. Some others I looked at were around $38k.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
The other good thing is apparently it hasn't been lowered and is sitting at stock height. If it was lowered I'd need to return it back to stock height, or scrape it on the work driveway every time I enter it.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Yeah two owner, full service history. It was a trade in on a Newer Maloo. Interior is pretty much immaculate. Steering wheel and leather seats are still in prime condition.
It's gonna come down to price. I don't want to low ball him and offer something insulting. But I also want to keep it below $30k drive away. I think it being a trade there will be some room to negotiate. I don't think there is $5k plus fixing the hard cover holes in it though. Only because everything else similar era but probably not as good is $35k plus. Looked at a 2007 today similar mileage and that was $36 and they weren't even interested to make an offer when I said I can get one as good or better for $30k. They let me walk without even trying to negotiate. Some others I looked at were around $38k.

Those people that let you walk obviously don't give a rats about a sale...More fool them

The VE you posted the pic of...Ask if they'll take $25K on road and move up towards $27,500 max on road in person....It is common practice to start low in person and work up a bit...Good chances they traded that for $20K to $23K, so an offer around the figures you posted up isn't low balling....It's being wise with ones dollar

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
VE series 2 will command a higher price as there is a lot of differences.
You will find many series 1 sellers think they can get the same price as series 2.

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
Being a dealer sale, I dunno if you will get much movement on the price of that red VE with the cop magnet. I would want to have a good close look at the horizontal paint surfaces too. I noticed when I put the link to that search up yesterday that all the photos only showed nicely polished vertical panels and that the top of the headlight lenses plastics didn't look great. Clear coat on roof bonnet and lid could be close to blowing if ute has spent most of its life parked outside.

Fachoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
calais 2
And if one reads threads, one would realise a dual cab isn't suitable for this persons needs....

Toyota have been a best seller due to their reliability and affordability across the board, rather that the fact they make a dual cab...So one should add in reasons behind such statements
And if one reads posts properly, one would realise that My reply was to the previous post by Losh1971 about holden utes being overpriced and being supposedly rare which he has found not to be the case and found quite a few though at higher prices.
Facts are facts, the Toyota hilux ute has been the best selling ute for years, outselling any holden commodore ute, crewman, colorado even when holdens were alive.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
And if one reads posts properly, one would realise that My reply was to the previous post by Losh1971 about holden utes being overpriced and being supposedly rare which he has found not to be the case and found quite a few though at higher prices.
Facts are facts, the Toyota hilux ute has been the best selling ute for years, outselling any holden commodore ute, crewman, colorado even when holdens were alive.

I have read your post and you obviously haven't read Losh 1971's posts, because he doesn't want a twin cab ute (which Hiluxes are) and doesn't want a 4 banger (which Hiluxes are).

Toyota have been on top or near the top due to their reliability....Not just their Hiluxes, so if one had done some research these responses wouldn't be necessary