Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SS ute prices VE era?

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Sounds like an anomoly, almost always a manual will command a premium.
Yeah, people said early in the thread manuals will be more expensive. It's not what I'm finding. Of all the VE utes I have either looked at in person or online manuals were a fair bit cheaper. Probably because of the say 10 I have seen for sale all but two were manual.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
It's funny the most expensive one I remember looking at was $36k for an auto 2007 VE. When I said to the salesman it's overpriced he didn't like it and walked off and served someone else, without saying another word. I told another salesman in the same yard I can get a 2009 VE for $30k, so certainly won't be paying $6k more for a car two years older. He then tried to offer me a VZ and that was $27k. I pretty much shook my head and at that point walked out....... Wife hates going car shopping with me as she reckons I'm too abrupt......, Mehhhh

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I will add, I have been keeping an eye on the red VE with the ridiculous monstrosity on the hard cover and it's still for sale a week after I enquired. It's too expensive and until they drop the price I think it will remain on the lot.......

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I was talking to my mum last night and I think she saw something on the news about how car yards have jacked up the price of SH vehicles that it is now affecting sales and that people are steering away from SH and actually going with new cars, because there isn't much price difference if you opt for something a little cheaper.
I wonder if we are going to see another crash in the SH car market like we did in around 2004, when new cars become a whole lot cheaper than they were and dealers lost out big time on trades they paid too much for?

I remember in around 2003/2004 we traded a car and got a really good trade in on a better car. Then the crash happened In Adelaide and that car we traded sat in the yard for months and it was a popular little car with low K's.

I wonder if I am best to sit back and see if my prediction comes to fruition, I do think Holden ute's did surge a little over the last 2-3 years and I wonder whether they will actually come down?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
... When I said to the salesman it's overpriced he didn't like it and walked off and served someone else, without saying another word.... Wife hates going car shopping with me as she reckons I'm too abrupt......, Mehhhh
Abrupt with sales people... nah, they need a firm voice or they poop on the rug :p

So what does the wife say about sales sales people who just walk off :eek:
I wonder if I am best to sit back and see if my prediction comes to fruition, I do think Holden ute's did surge a little over the last 2-3 years and I wonder whether they will actually come down?
It‘s crystal ball stuff but at the end of the day I’d think life will go back to normal. The all those old cars bought for “projects“ or as second cars cause public transport was seen as a risk will languish for a while, unfinished or unused, before coming back on to the market at discounted prices. The real question is by when and can you wait?

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I have preferred autos for as a long as I can remember. The only reason I am considering a manual is because autos are too hard to find and are more expensive.
If I was on the track it would be manual all the way. I do love dropping down a gear or two and nailing it on Symmonds but I have a bike for fun. My daily I really want driving to be easier, and if it can be helped by not having to change gears that would be my ideal.

Manual VE is easy.

Don't discount one until you have driven one.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Abrupt with sales people... nah, they need a firm voice or they poop on the rug :p

So what does the wife say about sales sales people who just walk off :eek:
She really only said that I am embarrassing and borderline rude, had little to say about the yard staff..... I think mehhhhh, maybe I am, just means these young salesmen need to employ some old school sales tactics to entice me to stay......

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
It's funny the most expensive one I remember looking at was $36k for an auto 2007 VE. When I said to the salesman it's overpriced he didn't like it and walked off and served someone else, without saying another word. I told another salesman in the same yard I can get a 2009 VE for $30k, so certainly won't be paying $6k more for a car two years older. He then tried to offer me a VZ and that was $27k. I pretty much shook my head and at that point walked out....... Wife hates going car shopping with me as she reckons I'm too abrupt......, Mehhhh

I recently read the most hated people and guess what...Used car salesmen came in around the top...So abrupt? You have 2 choices....Stay and allow them to bend over or you bend them over.....To me if they are walking away, they don't like you bending them over so stiff bikkies on their behalf....

Let you decide is that abrupt?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
^ where were politicians and lawyers on that list :p