Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SS-V Exhaust Tips

burleighboy86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SV6 A6
So, the other day I was walking past a series 2 ss-v and noticed it had stainless steel tips where it looked like the ends were rolled in. Having only just recently started thinking about exhausts, I hadn't really noticed any difference between stock exhaust tips other than that ss-v/ss had quad and sv6 had dual.

Now, having looked closer at some ss's and this particular ss-v, and my own car, I wondered if the ss-v gets better looking tips than the ss. I was looking at buying the quad exhaust tips off a fellow forum member's ss, but if the ss-v has these better looking ones, I'll reconsider.

Can anyone tell me the exact differences, if any, there are between the stock tips of both series 1 and 2 of both ss and ss-v?

Cheers in advance

timbo888

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
i can't help much as my car came with aftermarket exhaust on it, but are there any holden new/used car yards close to you? go for a wander and have a look around the lot.

Grumpy6L

Speed Addict
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV / Holden Colorado
Not sure about series 2 but series one stock SSV exhaust don't have rolled tips. Well mine never before mods

Sent from my GT-I9210T using Tapatalk 2

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
He may just have had aftermarket mufflers on it. AFIK s1 and s2 have the same tips.

Funny how so many SV6 owners here are putting quad tips on, whereas G8 owners in the states are putting dual's on theirs.

mattyh83

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV
Stock 2010 SSV tips uploadfromtaptalk1359802205083.jpg
Lmk if ya need a better pic

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
Looks same as my MY12 had from factory

burleighboy86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SV6 A6
Thanks for the feedback guys. Maybe it was after market, but there was another ss-v with the same looking ones too. Could be coincidence though lol. The thing that drew me to them mainly, was the stainless steel look. They really stood out as a classy touch.

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
Did they look like these?

4u2nv.jpg