Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SS-V Service Engine Soon

Nick C

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 Holden Commodore VE SS-V Manual
I have a L98 SS-V Manual and the service engine soon light keep beeping non stop to the point have have to turn off the car and back on then it disappears.

When it beeps the service light is on.
It was serviced about 1000km ago.

Why is it doing it?

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
  1. Hold down the 'Trip' button and turn the ignition on.
  2. You should see the following message on the screen asking to reset the service reminder. ...
  3. Hold down the 'Enter' button for 3-5 seconds until you hear a chime and the message disappears.

Nick C

Reaction score
Members Ride
  1. Hold down the 'Trip' button and turn the ignition on.
  2. You should see the following message on the screen asking to reset the service reminder. ...
  3. Hold down the 'Enter' button for 3-5 seconds until you hear a chime and the message disappears.
Yeah I did that 1000km ago but this is a “service engine soon” not “service engine”

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
service engine soon" light is to warn the operator that sensors in the vehicle have detected a malfunction. ... It's true there may be a major problem with the engine or one of its components. Get the fault codes to see why its coming up.

Nick C

Reaction score
Members Ride
service engine soon" light is to warn the operator that sensors in the vehicle have detected a malfunction. ... It's true there may be a major problem with the engine or one of its components. Get the fault codes to see why its coming up.
How do I check fault codes if there is no engine light

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Not all OBD readers/apps will get all the Holden codes.

I have one that runs on Macs and as comprehensive as it is, doesn’t find things that SnapOn, Tech2, or other GM interfaces find.

If you are a car club member with roadside assist, they can come out and plug it in to see.