Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SS-V Ute

Andy060

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V Ute
Recently got a new SS-V ute and wasn't overly impressed with the 'premium' sound system in it.

Being a ute, I realise there's not a huge amount I can really do, apart from new fronts, an amp and a small sub. Or are there other possibilities?

Also, can anyone recognise a good place to go in Perth for car audio stuff?

Cheers

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Nope, your basically right...those are your only "typical" options for upgrading the system. You could go with custom door interiors with 2 sets of splits in each door and a custom built subwoofer enclosure to maximise the cabin of a ute but theres plenty of $$$ to be spent down that route ;)

Just because you can only change the fronts and add a sub/amp, dosent mean you can get a great sounding system for a couple of hundred dollars.

As far as good places in Perth go, cant help you with that one :)

Jonesy40

Reaction score
Members Ride
Voodoo VE SS UTE
i Brought a VE SS ute about a month ago and i was really unimpressed with the stereo also.
i just replaced the splits with reasonable set of 6.5inch splits and have ran them of a small two channel amp i have mounted under the passenger. It was a huge improvement over the standard system for not that much money and if i need more base i can always add a sub at a later sate

Andy060

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V Ute
Cool, will replace the fronts and add an amp and a sub, hopefully that'll be enough. Cheers for your help

Jonesy40

Reaction score
Members Ride
Voodoo VE SS UTE
Hey mate can you post a pic of how your sub fit once you install it?

Cheers Jonesy