Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SSSL King Ultra Low springs being put in back of VT - S pack??

JSTCOZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S-Pack II
hey guys,

Used search function but couldn't find what i wanted.

Got a VT-S pack so it has the kit and the FE2 suspension and shocks?
Will the S-packs shocks be good enough to fit SSSL (king ultra lows) in the rear?
Also curious with the kit how high off the ground it is going to be?

thanks alot guys, getting them off a mate from the forums soon hopefully.

here is a picture of his VZ which has stock suspension at the front and the SSSL's im buying off him.

DSC_0164.jpg

I think they will look better on the shape of a vt than a vz being dropped at the rear (i hope lol)

UPDATED:

Got springs installed by Pedders on weekend for $50. Guy said i 'need' new shocks.

p0412101204.jpg

in the shop

p0412101205.jpg

in the shop rear

p0412101205.jpg

in the shop, clearance? lol

p0412101804.jpg

p0412101208.jpg

outside, car dirty due to rain and muddy highway...

p0412101804.jpg

outside on grass rear tyre. shoes to compare

p041210180401.jpg

on my grass, shoes for comparison.

p041210180501.jpg

sorry, couldn't fit the invisible caravan in the shot haha

Last edited:

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Um No and No.

Standard shocks will not be fine for SSSL's you will need shortened shocks....and I'm sorry are you leaving FE2 in the front and putting SSSL in the rear???

thekid93

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pack
should be fine. may be a hard ride but for the time it should hold up.

if hiting big and hard bumps in the road, ur springs could even fall out by not having the shorten shocks.
saying that, i mean geting air and ****

JSTCOZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S-Pack II
Um No and No.

Standard shocks will not be fine for SSSL's you will need shortened shocks....and I'm sorry are you leaving FE2 in the front and putting SSSL in the rear???

didnt think the s-pack had standard shocks, thought it had better ones for FE2. Any yeah leaving FE2 on the front. Don't have much money at all and mate was sellign these to me cheap. I will probs have them on for a week, cry, then get them off adn sell them to some other poor bastard. lol

shouldnt be too bad for a few weeks though? mate was running them on stock shocks for a few weeks.

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
didnt think the s-pack had standard shocks, thought it had better ones for FE2. Any yeah leaving FE2 on the front. Don't have much money at all and mate was sellign these to me cheap. I will probs have them on for a week, cry, then get them off adn sell them to some other poor bastard. lol

shouldnt be too bad for a few weeks though? mate was running them on stock shocks for a few weeks.

dude just keep your eyes out on ebay / save up and get SL all round. FE2 front, ssl rear is a bad combo....

JSTCOZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S-Pack II
dude just keep your eyes out on ebay / save up and get SL all round. FE2 front, ssl rear is a bad combo....

even ebay prices aint good for me lol. and they are SSS (ultra) lows. haha. I'll have them on for a week and probs change them back and sell them lol hopeully nto too much damage will be caused in a week

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
short shocks are a must with ultra lows. ultra lows look good on a vt, but sadly unless you want to replace your rear tyres every 10000 km's(even with camber kit), i'd go for super lows instead

Hibbo_Jnr

Livin' the minute...
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT S-Pack
SSL's are ultras. Not SSSL's.

thekid93

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pack
sssl are ultra low,
ssl are super low
sl are low

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
L = Low
SL = Super Low
SSL = Ultra Low
SSSL = Super Dooper Low

FE2 Does have different shocks, different springs and I think slightly bigger swaybars? Correct me if I'm wrong.

If you want these in your VT, you will need new shocks. Otherwise the rebound of the shock will pop the spring out.

I'm all for personal style, but to be honest, having SSSL in the rear with FE2 up front like that VZ will look like arse on a bad day....Sorry but it is going to look stupid, not to mention have a terrible ride...