Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SSV airbag suspension help

lynks123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
I have a VE SSV ute completely stock for now getting new extractors and 3" exhaust plus bigger cam done in july.
Looking after that to possibly out airbag suspension wanting to know if anyone has done this how much drama they had with it and what the laws up in queensland are regarding air bag suspension.
Cheees

rang427

3.6 luxury spec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 3.6 SIDI
im guessing after hearing what some of the boys in club VE have to say... if its engineered its ok. but the cops apparently wont take that as an arguement

swingn_wasabi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS-V Redline Ute
By air bag suspension, are you referring to something like Polyair which helps prevent bottoming out when you have a large amount of weight in the back?

If so, I can't see why you'd have any dramas.

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
I have a VE SSV ute completely stock for now getting new extractors and 3" exhaust plus bigger cam done in july.
Looking after that to possibly out airbag suspension wanting to know if anyone has done this how much drama they had with it and what the laws up in queensland are regarding air bag suspension.
Cheees

I would forget the air bag suspension if I were you.

QLD has adopted the National Code of Practice for Light Vehicle Construction and Modification (NCOP)
Light vehicle modifications (Department of Transport and Main Roads)
Vehicle Standards Bulletin 14 (VSB 14)

This is now in effect in QLD. There is no automatic authority to undertake such a modification. You would not be able to move to an air bag suspension system without a specific QLD Government approval or certification. You must check with the QLD Dept of Transport and Roads but I suspect that they might well tell you that they would not authorise such a major modification on a VE Commodore under current rules when you describe to them what is involved.

If you want to do the air bag suspension mod to your car there are guys that will do it for you and take your thousands of dollars but it is not their responsibility to keep your car within the rules and roadworthy in QLD - that's very much your problem and responsibility. So check it out carefully with the authorities.