Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SSV Group A Body Kit

ashleysnep

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
355 VN GRP A REP
Recently got a kit from SSV for the VN, here is a extract from the email ive just sent them.

Rear soiler - brake light sticks out more on one side to then other.
Rear spoiler gaurd peices - fiberglass around the part that joins to the roof cut really unevenly and dose not look like it will fit snug.
Front bumper - Dose not mount up the reo bar, screw threads are to far apart.

Overall the whole kit needs to be high filled because there are deep scratchs all over it. This is not what I expected from you guys, this is what I expected if I got it from someone off ebay selling them for just over $1000. I also realise that the number plate light is not wanted by all people but in the pictures on your website its clearly in the picture, its also apart of the bumper so atleast asking when I ordered if I wanted it or not would of been nice? Now ive got to track down a number plate light in good condition or fit a VP garnish (thats not going to happen tho)

Im also have no idea how im going to figure out where to drill the holes for the spoiler gaurd peices, and if these are screwed on why isent the spoiler itself? Is there spose to be fitting instructions included? It dose say on the site that a fitting kit is included for the spoiler. You also might want to remove where it says that the "Factory type slider brackets fitted in this bar," as you have told me holden dont make them anymore, so you dnt include them.

Now what I want to know from you guys, is this what I should of expected from $2500? Do you usaly get brand new parts that you need to high fill cause of all the fine scratchs?

Im waiting to hear there reply but if its not "where coming out to take a look at it and replace nessasary parts" im going to be going to fair trading as I think charging this much from somthing they litterly just porred into a mold and handed to me is rediculus when I expected it to fit properly and be ready to paint.

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
I does sound like you didn't get what you paid for. Bummer.

Though you could've used a spell check before you sent the email......

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Have you got a link to the ad?

90 percent of aftermarket kits I have seen need a lot of modifying to fit. It normally states it on the ad, in small print..... that is hard to find!!

Good luck with it though!

ashleysnep

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
355 VN GRP A REP
I does sound like you didn't get what you paid for. Bummer.

Though you could've used a spell check before you sent the email......

Its some online email thing so no spell checker, I dont go over emails twice so that why :p

Add can easily be found on the SSV site.

Anyway it got high filled today and looks heaps better, more smooth even with unrubed high fill. So after a sand back and paint they should turn out shmick. Also adjusted the brake lights so it sat right. Just waiting to hear what going on with the front bumper and spoiler bits.