Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SSV Oil Pressure/ Voltage Gauges Stopped Working

woodys90

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V
Got in the car the other day and noticed the led gauges at the top center of the dash just didn't want to come on....Theyv just packed it in, any ideas would be greatly appreciated thanks (car is an 06 model)

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
if the whole screen has stopped working, i'd suggest checking the screen connector first?
guessing it's not under warranty...?

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Cant help on that question but may i ask, whats ur oil pressure sit at when warm driving along? I just wanna know whats the norm lol pm if u like so doesnt block up ya thread

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Perfect time to upgrade to the much better looking binnacle gauges. :)

MPRSSV

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Exec (Police pack) & 05 CV8Z Monaro
Cant help on that question but may i ask, whats ur oil pressure sit at when warm driving along? I just wanna know whats the norm lol pm if u like so doesnt block up ya thread

Hey man, you know how it says 1 - 3 - 5 ... Mine usually sits around 3 and I was told this is normal... I havent heard from anyone else though...

Sorry Woodys - Haven't seen that problem before, all the best though

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Hey man, you know how it says 1 - 3 - 5 ... Mine usually sits around 3 and I was told this is normal... I havent heard from anyone else though...

Sorry Woodys - Haven't seen that problem before, all the best though

Thanks mate, yeah mine sits on the 3 or one bar infront of the 3, on idle when warm sometimes i only have 1 or 2 bars lol that sound normal? btw it runs perfect with no weird noises

RayLamp

Gone Fishin'...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline and LTZ RG Colorado
Ive had that problem with the screen going blank.

The solution ? I did nothing. It just came back on when it felt like it, and hasnt had a problem since. The only hint I could give would be to stop the car, turn it off, take your keys out, get out of the car and lock the door. Then get back in after a minute and see if that helps. My guess is that the computer on it had a bad day, and following those (somewhat tedious) steps helped the computer catch it's breath/calibrate etc.

woodys90

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V
Thanks for all the replies guys, to answer the question asked, mine (when it was working) would sit at around 3 when cruising but drop to around 1 or 2 when at idle....goes up a bit when you put the foot down.

RayLamp, i too thought this would be the case because the audio screen would flicker occasionally and around the same time the gauges went blank the audio screen went a funny yellow colour but corrected itself over the duration of the 3 hour drive i was on.

Its still under an AHG platinum warranty or something like that so il get them to have a look at it next time its serviced and should be covered

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Thanks for all the replies guys, to answer the question asked, mine (when it was working) would sit at around 3 when cruising but drop to around 1 or 2 when at idle....goes up a bit when you put the foot down.

RayLamp, i too thought this would be the case because the audio screen would flicker occasionally and around the same time the gauges went blank the audio screen went a funny yellow colour but corrected itself over the duration of the 3 hour drive i was on.

Its still under an AHG platinum warranty or something like that so il get them to have a look at it next time its serviced and should be covered

Yeah mate sounds the same as mine, cheers for that, sorry for going off track on ur thread lol

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I'd call it a feature really. Wish there was a switch to turn the stupid things off!

Reaper