Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SSV Redline creaking in rear of cabin on driveways...

SARRAS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 Commodore SSV Redline 6MT
When I enter any sort of driveway at an angle other than straight on, the car creaks somewhere in the rear of the cabin. This is unusual in modern cars as far as I have experienced them. I'm thinking parcel shelf, or rear seat, or most worrying, bad seal in the rear window. Anyone have similar noises and / or found the culprit?

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
I've got the same noise, it's just because the FE3 suspension is quite stiff. Nothing to be worried about.

We44pn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Mate there is a fault with it I had mine changed twice. It still does it now but not as much and as often as it did before. I don't remember what it's called but it is not the actual springs or shocks. It's some frame I think. I haven't gone back yet as I have installed lower springs so they might blame it on that which is absolute bullshit. It should not make any noise at all and that's that.

ThermoBlu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV A6
It's worth checking the door strikes are lubricated. Mine creaked over bumps and driveways until the dealer applied the white grease stuff over the strickes at the service.

We44pn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Na these creeks come from out the window and under the rear of the car i know exactly what he hears. Only happens on angles, driveways and speed bumps at low speeds

SARRAS

Reaction score
Members Ride
"Mate there is a fault with it I had mine changed twice"

Had your what changed?

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Try some Lanotec (Lanoline) spray onto any suspension related moving parts. You may be surprised with the results.

DjBrenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf CalaisV 3.6 & 2017 SSVR Auto
Same thing in my Calais only on the angle when coming out of the driveway, you just get used to it.

ttoks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
i have this problem in my wifes Pajero, assumed it was just because it's a wobbly piece of poo

SARRAS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Same thing in my Calais only on the angle when coming out of the driveway, you just get used to it.

Okay that's interesting as the Calais is presumably much softer in the suspension. So it would seem to be some level of body flex - which if normal is somewhat odd in modern cars - hence the original question.