Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SSV side mirror loom - adding clearance lights

ssvvan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SII SSV Ute with Sandman canopy
Hi, anyone know if the SSV ute wiring loom will support side mirrors with a clearance light?
ve%20rh%20with%20light.jpg

Would like to add these to my ute as i assume the illuminate with they approach lights etc.

VE MIRROR ASEMBELY RH (WITH CLEARANCE LIGHT)

gsh1970

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV ute XYZ XYZ
Ditto - i was looking at these as well for my SSV - hope someone can help

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 Vf SV6 Jungle Fever
yes i have them on my Calais, they do come on with the approach light function enabled and they are called puddle lights!

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Hi, anyone know if the SSV ute wiring loom will support side mirrors with a clearance light?
ve%20rh%20with%20light.jpg

Would like to add these to my ute as i assume the illuminate with they approach lights etc.

VE MIRROR ASEMBELY RH (WITH CLEARANCE LIGHT)

Looks like the mirror on my Senator. The demist thing is a bit of a wank anyway. I'd be astounded if the loom didn't support it.

Reaper

IceyAUS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Series II Sedan
I also want to know if it will work on a VE Series 2 SSV....

gsh1970

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV ute XYZ XYZ
They may be standard on calais etc but will they just fit in to SSV - the Calais may have different wiring so they may work on Calais but not SSV?

gsh1970

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV ute XYZ XYZ
Well, I asked the supplier the question and their answer is:

Q: I have a series 1 VE SSV ute - no lights in mirrors - will these simply swap over and the lights work or do I need to do extra wiring etc

A: Hi, thank you for your enquiry, yes, you will need extra wiring for the light to work. There is an extra wire in the plug of these mirrors, and if your existing wiring loom doesn't have it, it will not work. I hope this helps.

So now the question is: does the standard wiring loom have the wire to connect to the mirro courtesy/puddle lights come on. Does anyone know?

ssvvan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SII SSV Ute with Sandman canopy
Well, I asked the supplier the question and their answer is:

Q: I have a series 1 VE SSV ute - no lights in mirrors - will these simply swap over and the lights work or do I need to do extra wiring etc

A: Hi, thank you for your enquiry, yes, you will need extra wiring for the light to work. There is an extra wire in the plug of these mirrors, and if your existing wiring loom doesn't have it, it will not work. I hope this helps.

So now the question is: does the standard wiring loom have the wire to connect to the mirro courtesy/puddle lights come on. Does anyone know?

Yeah I guess they didnt really help with that answer, I will call around at Holden and see if i can get an answer on the loom.

gsh1970

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV ute XYZ XYZ
Thanks SSVvan - if you get a yes answer I will bite the bullet and buy one and let the forum know if it works