Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SSV Tail lights

Mp64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
Not a fan of the SS tail light, so I'm looking to pickup a good pair of SSV tailights.

Is there a difference between buying a $300 pair compared to a $160 pair off eBay? Any noticeable differences? Do cheaper ones wear out quicker?

Any info is appreciated, thanks

VECalaisV8Wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CalaisV Wagon
TYC & IQUAY seem to be good quality aftermarket brands with good reviews that I have seen.

glennho

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS -1977 HX Premier,2012 Hilux 4x4
Before you buy read reviews on what they’re like. Do your homework so you buy the best quality you can.

Zehq

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF2 SV6 Black
I bought the cheap $160 ones off Ebay for my old SV6.

From a distance they're quite nice. Once you get within a metre you'll see there's a lot of imperfections, and the plastic is put together so poorly, you see where they've "soldered" (not sure how the lights are put together... looks like they melted the plastic and just squeezed em together) the plastic pieces together within the light. In saying that, it didn't have any holes so the lights never fogged up from the inside. Although I suspect I was the exception rather than the rule.

Really it just depends on whether you're happy to put up with it. You only notice it from within a metre or so. I didn't really care cause it looked good in pictures, you'll see what I mean between my old and new cars.

5umKtp8.png

RxB5WSv.png

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Is there a difference between buying a $300 pair compared to a $160 pair off eBay?

Are you comparing genuine to aftermarket ?

Aftermarket to aftermarket ?

Genuine to genuine ?

New vs second hand ?