Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SSV ute hidden amp?

Seanute1sttime

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ssv v8
Hi guy's,,, in the series 2 SSV v8 ute there are 2 x 8" subs at the bottom by the B pillars.
Do they come off a hidden amp, and if yes, where is the amp mounted.
Someone said it's behind the rear trim panel, but the wires from the subs come forward till in line with the seat, then they go under the carpet under the seat into the center console. There is almost definitely no place in the console for the amp. So I'm wondering if the subs come off the deck, seeing as they are only 50 watts, but 2 ohm.
So basically is there a hidden amp and where, or not.
I need to find out if I can then use the sub wires to a high low convertor to run 2 amps for 2 x 10" subs and splits.
Thanks for any help guys.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Hi guy's,,, in the series 2 SSV v8 ute there are 2 x 8" subs at the bottom by the B pillars.
Do they come off a hidden amp, and if yes, where is the amp mounted.
Someone said it's behind the rear trim panel, but the wires from the subs come forward till in line with the seat, then they go under the carpet under the seat into the center console. There is almost definitely no place in the console for the amp. So I'm wondering if the subs come off the deck, seeing as they are only 50 watts, but 2 ohm.
So basically is there a hidden amp and where, or not.
I need to find out if I can then use the sub wires to a high low convertor to run 2 amps for 2 x 10" subs and splits.
Thanks for any help guys.

I'm assuming its a VE?
If so, the amp is mounted on the rear wall of the cabin.
You'll need to remove all the trim panels from B pillar to B pillar.

rtmpgt

Reaction score
Website
www.pgt.design
Members Ride
2010 VE1.5 SV6 Ute
I'm assuming its a VE?
If so, the amp is mounted on the rear wall of the cabin.
You'll need to remove all the trim panels from B pillar to B pillar.

What sort of room do we have behind that panel? I want to hide a 4ch Amplifier back there and was curious as to how much room we've got to hide these sorts of things. I've recently purchased the brackets and speakers that go in the B pillar.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
What sort of room do we have behind that panel? I want to hide a 4ch Amplifier back there and was curious as to how much room we've got to hide these sorts of things. I've recently purchased the brackets and speakers that go in the B pillar.

There isn't a great deal of room there, but a compact amp should fit.