Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ssv ve easy sub install

AZ_SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SSV
Rightio boys and girls,
Got a ve ssv or calais with the 11 speaker system and want to add some bass?

I just hooked up 2 12" kicker subs and amp setup in the boot and wow was it the easiest install ever!
Keep in mind I haven't hard wired the remote wire just yet but I'm pretty sure soldering one wire should be pretty easy.

Ok so what you need.
Amp and sub set up, I used 2 12" kicker ex124 boxed and a jay car response precision 5 channel amp(sub mono channel only used)
Wiring kit, fuse, electrical tape and soldering iron.
LOC (line output converter). I used a 2 chan aerpro one I picked up for $15 at autobarn.
And Ofcourse some patience Nd know how.

Ok so what I have done is hooked up the rear original ve sub wiring to the loc. + with + and - with -.
Ran the power line of the amp with fuse to the positive batt terminal and ground of the amp to negative terminal on the batt.
I bridged the power and remote wire to test out the setup before running wiring.(nothing worse than spending hours on a system only to discover you have faulty components!)
DO NOT LEAVE THE REMOTE WIRE HOOKED UP TO THE POWER! YOU WILL DRAIN YOUR BATTERY!!
It's that easy, no running loc out of your head unit, no tapping into the rear door speakers and no getting your head unit upgraded!

Sound is good, no static or humming, just pure bass.

Not the best write up but just wanted to show people that this can be done.

Cheers guys.
Az.