Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SSV vs E63 AMG ..

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Well thats even better!! Do you think GenV will be the better performance choice compared to fords offerings?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Well thats even better!! Do you think GenV will be the better performance choice compared to fords offerings?

Unless you are CSP it's impossible to know. My gut feel is there won't be much between them. The biggest gain with DI will be fuel economy although the tuners should have good gains once they get the software sorted out.

Reaper

geo41e

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SS V
hey reaper

i'm not really regarding this whole tech thing to just power.

also fuel efficiency comes into play. now i know having a 5.5L ain't gonna be fuel efficient, but i'm sure have DOHC would not only be good for valve geo, but also compression aswell.
i'm sure if there were two identicle motors, one had DOHC and one didn't, the DOHC would come out ontop.

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
WTF are people so wrapped up in OHC???

Because we are not in the 90's anymore lol. I honestly don't care and actually prefer something that is cheaper to modify anyway but ohc technology is way over due for GM, they finally caught on with the alloytech but it seems they are not prepared to spend extra cash on OHC in the V8's just yet.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
hey reaper

i'm not really regarding this whole tech thing to just power.

also fuel efficiency comes into play. now i know having a 5.5L ain't gonna be fuel efficient, but i'm sure have DOHC would not only be good for valve geo, but also compression aswell.
i'm sure if there were two identicle motors, one had DOHC and one didn't, the DOHC would come out ontop.

The location of any camshaft(s) has zero to do with compression. Secondly, just throwing extra camshafts on a motor is not a recipe for success. Just look at the recently superseded Ford Boss 5.4(?). The thing was a dogs breakfast and should never have been released. Further to this, pushrod motors are generally more compact in size and thus easier to package into smaller cars. How many DOHC boss motors do you see in v8 conversions compared to LSX?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not claiming DOHC is necessarily bad - there are many benefits such as multivalves allowing better breathing and vvt etc. The point is not to write off the other just because you can't have the trendy "DOHC" badge on your guard ;)

Reaper

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
case in point right there reaper Gm havent gone OHC for packaging reasons WONT fit they do have engines with OHC and have all the tech but why have to build a lot of diffferent v8s when the ones they are using serve pretty much all purposes and package better lower center of gravity