Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SSV vs E63 AMG ..

Discussion in 'VE Holden Commodore (2006 - 2013)' started by geo41e, Dec 11, 2010.

1. torana355

torana355 Member

Members Ride:
    VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
    An Intercooler, exhaust, intake and tune would be all the Coyote would need to make some serious power mate. How much power it is capable of making before going boom is another matter. Anyway it should be interesting to see how the development on these motors goes in the next year or so. It will also be interesting to see if the new 5.5L DI GM motor will feature a Supercharged version that will make its way to Holden, i hope it does!!!

2. CSP

CSP Banned

Members Ride:
    my car
    Have you seen the factory exhaust headers on the Coyote? I would think twice before going after market... But they are detuned and although they are DI capable have initially been released without DI. So future versions from FPV will be re-tuned and with the addition of DI, a proper tune and they won't be beaten.

You can say "but xxxxx can be modded to match or be better than the Coyote". That's irrelevant. From the factory, they're simply amazingly engineered and are putting out awesome performance. Compare factory release to factory release, not factory release to modded.

3. B-roca

B-roca I’m an F-18, bro

Members Ride:
    N/A
    OK I am a Holden man and I won't be looking at fords anytime soon.
    But i will say that these Ford engines are impressive no matter how many times Jason tries to bullshit everyone into thinking that their not.

4. jasonsv6

jasonsv6 New Member

Members Ride:
    2010 SR POS
    havent looked that far into them whats the rest of the system like?

im not comparing anything just stating reasons people buy diiffernent to the one with the most power stock.

factory standard the coyote wins engine wise not nessaceraly as a whole package though. IMO

IMHO i wouldnt call it amazing very well done Hell yes amazing no. what porsche do with their engins is amazing engineering. nothing ford or GM dose comes close to Amazing.

B-roca i havent rubbished it once mate infact the opposite is ture. its a very good engine and is capable of being impressive im sure of that but its not a marvel of engeneering masterdry. its just a supercharged 5L ford have be doing those with jag for some time now and look at what they put out.

5. torana355

torana355 Member

Members Ride:
    No i haven't seen the factory headers so they may be great from factory. DI is not going to give the Coyote more power mate, DI makes less power to give better fuel consumption, a port injected motor will always make more power lol. Also you say they won't be beat but that depends on the new GM 5.5L having a supercharged model that could make its way to Australia, if it does it could very well beat the Coyote but this is quite a long time off and it may well never happen yet so Ford will have the upper hand for quite some time.

6. karlos

karlos New Member

Members Ride:
    VX S S/C & BA XR6T

Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
  7. torana355

torana355 Member

Members Ride:
    Yeah Holden's suspension setup is a quite a bit better then the Fords but then again the Ford 6 speed auto is 1000x better then what Holden have to offer. Tit for Tat really :)

8. jasonsv6

jasonsv6 New Member

Members Ride:
    2010 SR POS
    all personal choice isit it

9. jasonsv6

jasonsv6 New Member

Members Ride:
    2010 SR POS

dont forget the FPV version is not remotly close to the Shelby version.

i cant say if its better or not but it was engennered in aus for our own use not fully imported only the base engine is imported we do our own supercharging etc.

is the shleby GT500 not 500Hp so 370 odd KW. not the same as a XR8. correct me if im wrong here (sorry i must correct my self 540Hp standard Good as 400Kw and if its a super snake version it could have up to 725Hp or 540kw) also its a 5.4 version of the engine camaros are 426 for manual or 400 for auto so more like 300-317 kw of course the shelby is got a better engine

Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
  10. karlos

karlos New Member

Members Ride:
    VX S S/C & BA XR6T
    I have edited my post sorry for cunfusion,2nd time lucky,have a look again please.

The new FG GT has the same engine as the Shelby and the XR8 gets the one in my corrected link.

Here it is again.NA shelby 5ltr VS Camaro 6.2ltr.YouTube - 2011 Mustang 5.0L vs Camaro 6.2L Drag Races

Its a killa engine.

11. jasonsv6

jasonsv6 New Member

Members Ride:
    2010 SR POS
    sorry mate cant look untill i get home no youtube on the work computer ill take your word though
    but if its a 5ltr NA is not a shelby if its a shelby its not a 5ltr NA mustang is abou 412 hp so call 307kw and 390 lb-ft or 528Nm and the camao has 300Kw and 420Lb-ft or 567Nm if thats whats in your vid thats imperssive

12. TinSnips

TinSnips Polish all the things...

Members Ride:
    VF SSV Ute
    What a **** fight! What has yet to me noted (and moving away from the red vs blue argument) is the exorbitant cost of maintaining a 'higher tech' motor. THAT is the reason why GM sticks with crate motors. Have. Look at how much even log book servicing is on an AMG (or similar). Holden offers SIMILAR performance to these guys but with bargain basement running costs by comparison. So they only introduce new technology when it becomes affordable.

13. kuzman89

kuzman89 Active Member

Members Ride:
    VE SV6 ute
    In every mag/test I've seen, the FPV wins the 1/4m but are equal to 0-100m and the HSV wins overall, biggest complaint is the FPV just can't put the power down, 335rwkw and stock for that power a 290rwkw VE would smash it.
    Much better everything really, except the LS3 is underpowered (now anyway). I'd still rather a HSV, I saw a GS today and just looked like a regular xr8. "Aussie muscle cars" I know CSP will disagree, but they don't look like muscle cars at all.

Can't wait to see HSV's response. 5.5l DI is still a few years away, I'd be hoping the LSA might find it's way into the HSV before then.

And yeah Tins, the cost of modifying a pushrod motor is relatively cheap in comparison to a dual/quad OHC type motor. After an intercooler and max out boost I dont know what else that could be done (affordable anyway)

At the end of the day though the FPV is a great package, I'd own one!!

14. Reaper

Reaper Tells it like it is.

Members Ride:
    RG Z71 Colorado, VZ LX8 Adventra, VP SS
    You shoot your own argument down in flames with phrases like "won't be beaten". Ford has a long and successful history of making stupidly daft product decisions. Sure they may add DI and wind out the tune a bit - pretty standard product development there. Declaring it as the winner a year (?) before either it or it's competitor is released is about as smart as ummm..... declaring the VE Commodore will be superseded by model designation VF in 2010.

Reaper

15. CSP

CSP Banned

Members Ride:
    my car
    Sorry where I said "a proper tune and they won't be beaten" what I meant was an after market tune. And yeah fair call about won't be beaten but I really am just trying to say how good it is. Never say never, I know the cliches. :D I just didn't word my thought process very well.

16. Big_Simmo

Big_Simmo Deep Blue Cranberry

Members Ride:
    2016 Series 2 SSV Redline Ute
    Is it just me that finds pretty much everything that you guys have been going on about in regards to ford v holden a little strange since this topic was initally ssv v e63 AMG.

Long story short is ford & GM have got nothing on euro v8's plain and simple.

17. kuzman89

kuzman89 Active Member

Members Ride:
    VE SV6 ute
  18. soop

soop Banned

Members Ride:
    2003 SS Commodore Series II
    The stupidity of that makes me wanna bitch slap you lol.

Euro V8's are great motors, but still struggle to do what a GM motor has been doing since Adam was a lad.

19. geo41e

geo41e New Member

Members Ride:
    08 VE SS V
    lol

talking about off topic eh ??

anyway

end of the day guyz
    V8..that are N/A !!! so please stop talking about chargers and tubros.

N/A V8s...i think that GM need to step it up...not for the AMG sake...but just to show that u really don't need to have displacement.
    however..please do make bigger displacement engines such as the W427, but i would just wanna see the HSV be more "exclusive" when cpompared to there little sisters like the and SS
    example: Mercedes S500 vs S63AMG

20. VooDooWagon

VooDooWagon New Member

Members Ride:
    VE MY10 SSV Sportwagon M6
    But as an overall package the other 3 cars will eat the ZR1 for breakfast.